my little obama getting a new cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
obama lovess barack obama :)

i wouldnt say the name completly comes from barack obama but i had him in mind

The R695 [Skyscraper] is a great cage overall. It's plenty of room for 2 boys, and a few more if you ever decide to add some. It can be a pain to scrub for some people, but others swear by it. it also has a great footprint, 30"x18", which gives them lots of room to run and jump around. The doors are tiny, so if you can do it, getting customized doors would be a good idea. The fliptop lid is a must IMO.

The 690 is okay, but things can get cramped in there quickly. I had that cage for my two girls, and I moved them out of it by the time they were 6months. Their wheel alone took up the majority of the base, and it was a real pain getting larger things in and out because the doors were so tiny. Plus, I'd say it barely first two rats comfortably. You'll also need to modify the ramps as they get older, since the grade is too steep for older rats.

The R 680 [Lodge] is a great cage, too. Has a huge door, great footprint, and a good bit of room for a smaller cage. It can comfortably house 2 boys without any modifications. It easier to scrub down, decorate, and get the kids out of. It's my favorite cage, by far. I liked the first one so much, I got a second one and stacked them for a shorter RUUD style.

ETA: Whichever you choose, make sure you get powder coated.

Back