My latest intros-03/23 pic heavy!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilez_n_hugs

So after a long wait I now have 3 groups awaiting intros. First I decided to move my older brothers who have HED out of the CN so I was down to 4 and then 2 of the Chilly Babies stole my heart and as luck would have it one of them was a female (Lily) so she was finally spayed (and her brother, Mackenzie neutered) last week and they have been reunited. For anyone who is concerned I was lucky enough to be able to leave each of my new babies with their sisters and brothers until they were big enough for surgery.

And then these 2 boys turned up at the Sudbury SPCA
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23035&p=317656&hilit=sudbury#p317656
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23082&p=318091&hilit=sudbury#p318091
and my sister was finally able to pick them up from Jo and mamarat and get them to me this weekend. They are the sweetest boys and I have decided to name them Ben (blue) and Aro :heart:

So since I was concerned with how Ben and Aro would react to new rats I started by introing them to my original 4 (Queen-neutered, Hurley-neutered, Finn and Dexter) in the bathtub. I was prepared for the worst (oven mitt and all) since Hurley has been know to cause more than a few problems. But was I in for a surprise...they were all awesome. Intros didn't get to last as long as I would have liked since Aro figured out he could jump out of the tub but there was some definite boggling from Ben, Hurley and Queen :dance: So tomorrow we will try the semi-neutral play pen and hopefully I will be able to get some pics (I was too paranoid to think about bringing the camera in the bathroom tonight).

And then once these boys are settled it will be Lily and Kenzie's turn. Man I can't wait until I am back down to 2 cages lol.

Okay finally some pics! Second intros are going very well no puffiness or fighting. Boy am I glad I had my problem boy neutered. Ben is so sweet an laid back and just wanted to follow me around the pen while Aro interacted a bit more.

Here's Ben and Aro
DSCF8144.jpg

So it started with a bunch of sniffing and following...
DSCF8148.jpg

DSCF8149.jpg

Oh and your guess is as good as mine as to which back cap with a head spot is Aro unless you can see the ears or Dex's back spots :giggle:
DSCF8150.jpg

DSCF8152.jpg

Hurley: "what's going on Mom?"
DSCF8153.jpg

DSCF8154.jpg

DSCF8155.jpg

DSCF8156.jpg

Aro handling my 2 big (but neutered) boys
DSCF8157.jpg

And then Ben started this...
DSCF8158.jpg

DSCF8159.jpg

So I decided it was toy time
DSCF8160.jpg

And in the time it has taken me to write this they have gained the privilege of their pink elephant hideaway and are still having zero issues. I really hope it continues like this.

Awww :heart: I am so glad... I didnt see Finn tho :( but then again when all 3 of them look so much a like, it makes it hard to tell.

Okay I'm long overdue for an update. Intros with Ben, Aro, Hurley, Queen, Finn and Dexter were going so well that I decided to add in Lily and Mackenzie.

DSC_3866.jpg

DSC_3864.jpg

DSC_3862.jpg

Ben and Queen slept like that for most of the intro time.
DSC_3852.jpg

DSC_3854.jpg

And then pics with Lily and Mackenzie!
DSC_3847.jpg

DSC_3840.jpg

Lily putting the boys in their place.
DSC_3838.jpg

DSC_3837.jpg

All the while Queen and Ben continued to sleep.

DSC_3831.jpg

Lily :heart:

DSC_3830.jpg

There weren't many pics of Mackenzie because he spent the hole time following the person with the camera around the pen :giggle:

Unfortunately after all those wonderful cuddly intros, cage intros didn't go so well. I decided to hold off on adding Lily and Kenz to the cage because Lily was still so tiny and I'm glad I did. The second Ben and Aro were in the cage with the other boys they started humping everyone like crazy. I gave them a good 12 hours (fully supervised) to try to work it out since the other boys were taking it so well. But after that time Ben and Aro were still humping the other boys anytime one of them walked past so I decided to separate them before it escalated and booked them in for a neuter.

In the meantime Lily and Kenz have moved in with the other boys and Lily loves bossing around the boys that are twice her size :giggle:

And Ben and Aro received their neuters today! So now starts the countdown until I re-start intros.

jorats said:
Oh my... Beautiful pics!
That's too funny Ben and Aro humping everyone.

It was funny at first, now not so much LOL. I really had hopes that they weren't going to be so hormonal, oh well they were going to be nuetered at some point it just happened sooner than planned.

Love the pics of them sleeping in the big pile <3 can't wait until my boys can have someone to snuggle with

Back