My Kitty Monty and the foster cats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allykatt

I figured since I love looking at the other kitties on here, I should show off my sweet boy and my two foster kitties

First, Monty's story
Monty is a little over 2 years now, though his exact age is really just a guess. When he was about 6 months, his sister, another younger kitty and him were abandoned in the country. Luckily, a nive woman found them and took them in to live in her barn. She got them all fixed, but a few months later, she fell on hard times and couldn't afford to keep them. They went to the Kitchener shelter (Not sure which one) and was MISERABLE in the cage. My sweet, super laid back and social boy was on death row. Luckily, the rescue I foster for, Animal Love foundation took all three in. Monty had been at the London Petsmart for awhile, looking for a home when in March, Animal Love was vacating the adopt-a-pet area to let other rescues use the space. I had just signed up to foster, and Monty was my first foster cat. I knew I was looking to adopt a cat, as in September, my 17 year old cat Timmy had passed away.

Monty is my heart kitty, he is just perfect for me, and to foster with. He is sooo laid back, super friendly, cuddly, and very playful. He even plays fetch. You should see him go crazy with his various cat toys, its hilarious He likes other cats, dogs, my bunny, and really, anyone. At first he was afraid of men, but he seems to be past that. I HAD to officially adopt him. He means so much to me.
Without further ado, My Monty

Monty1.jpg

SleepyMonty.jpg

SleepyMonty2.jpg

And here are my sweet foster cats.
Lexy: She is about 2 years old. She looks like a little cow, and has THE squeakiest meow ever! She is so funny, and her eyes make her look always surprised. For such a big girl she is really agile, and is always perched way up high. If you have always wanted a cow but don't have a farm, adopt Lexy! hehe

Lexy1.jpg

Lexy4.jpg

Lexy3.jpg

And Lucy: She is pretty stressed right now. She is only 7 months old, but for the last 5 months she was caged in various shelters and adoption centres. She is very sweet, but doesn't like other cats, so she pees on stuff here to let me know she doesn't like Monty or Lexy much. She LOVES bathrooms, sleeping in sinks, playing in the shower and in boxes, and getting high on cat nip. Poor girl just needs a home where she is the only cat and gets all the love and sinks she wants!

Lucy1.jpg

Lucy2.jpg

*Peek*
Lucy3.jpg

:O Lucy looks just like my Arthur!!

Hahaha, my cat I had when I was a younger used to sleep in sinks too.
She never even minded the leaky faucet.

Haha, yes, its so cute how she is always sleeping in the sink. She will sleep in it whether is is wet or not! So my sinks are always full of cat hair!

HURRAH!

Lucy was finally adopted! She left me to go to a store to hopefully be adopted on Sept 8th, bu sadly was not adopted in a month, and was moved to the Petsmart adoption cages. She HATES being caged, and because she hates other cats, a friend of the Animal Love Foundation, sometimes puts cats that are hard to adopt out on the school board website as free to adopt. A wonderful retired woman who is at home most of the time adopted Lucy, and she has no other pets, so its PERFECT for Lucy, a nice quiet home just for her to rule, with lots of love and attention!

I found this out when I called about the poor cat we found in our hallway of our apartment building. As it is the end of the month, we beleive someone moved out, and just left him behind. We have posters up and told the building manager, but NO ONE has contacted us, and we think we know why. He is un-neutered, and is spraying EVERYTHING! The poor little boy is maybe 6 months at the most, and is GORGEOUS! He is a gold with thick black stripes and swirls fluffy tabby! He has obviously been hit, probably for spraying, as any quick movements, or if you raise your hand at all, he flinches and runs. He does like attention though, and is very sweet.

My friend and I named him Samson. I had just bee calling him Handsome, and she said that since he is such a wimp, he needed a bada$$ name, like Samuel L Jackson, so we combined them, and he is Samson L Catson.

Luckily, Animal Love said they would take him to be neutered within the week, and I will continue to foster him. Once he isn't so skittish, and is neutered, he will be adopted right away, he is soo pretty! I don't have pictures yet, but when my roommate gets back she is emailing some she took of him. Now if only he wouldn't spray!

hooray for lucy! my grandma took in a similar cat around 7 years ago now and it was the best thing for both of them! this cat had a hard time with people as well as animals, but my grandma is the sweetest person in the world, so the cat eventually opened up with her. she will now sit on her lap and even let my grandma pet her. and my grandma isn't alone all the time because she has her kitty. i am so happy for lucy.
older people + picky kitties = win

It's awesome that you are fostering cats , it's something I always wanted to do! They are all ADORABLE! :heart:

Yes, Lexy is very pretty, and incredibly sweet. She BEGS to be brushed and I need to record her mew because people don't beleive me how squeaky it is.

Monty is gray, but he looks blue often times in certain light. He supposedly could be at least part russian blue, as many pictures look just like him, even down to the mauve paw pads.

I called Animal Love last night, and they agreed to help me out with Samson, and got him a neuter appointment for tomorrow! YAY! No more stinky kitties! I really wish I could keep Lexy, she is so wonderful, but her and Monty don't really get along, as he is too playful for her.

I am just so happy for Lucy! I love fostering, but it can be so hard to say goodbye! I KNOW that Samson will get a good home though, and quickly, because he is so pretty and young.

Back