My Honey has a head tilt.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw poor Honey. Healing vibes your way!

My girly stayed with her head tilt & Ginger another girl rat that came to us having head tilt for gosh knows how long and the person did not even know she was sick or did not bother to do anything about it. Once here though she got meds for it.

I have never had a rat with head tilt. When they get it does it physically impair them from doing every day things like going up and down stairs? Is it hard for the rat to adjust to this new way of living? Are there any special instructions or any advise for us people that may one day have to deal with this?
Glad to hear Honey is coming along and I hope she has a full recovery.

Tilty rats adapt very fast and do just about the same things they did before the tilt. Some tilts are more severe but again, they adapt. The worst would be they can't climb straight up a side of a cage anymore.

It is just when I lift her up off the ground. She rolls once toward me so her belly is facing me....it isn't like she is rolling around. She doesn't do it in the cage at all.....

Here hoping your baby is doing better- Honey is a sweetheart! :kisses: .. we are currently working with Mimosa who has more of a sway going so far ~Sigh .. she is on amoxy for the next 3 weeks for a URI and we are hoping she comes along fine ..so far shes a little trooper -just feel bad for her cause she was barely out of litter when we 'rescued' her and she was sick then .. not knowing how long she was already sick makes it hard to gauge how quickly she is going to be back to 100%

Back