My Grooming Portfolio

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been hard to take images lately, we have been so busy, plus many parents have shown up early, so i was not able to get pics. But here's a little girl i did today, she's my mom's friends dog, so i just did her at home.

1393965_609936572380982_1972296047_n.png

I'm just doing an apprenticeship, which is 9 weeks long, but I only did 8 weeks (tomorrow is my last day). Now, when I do my tests to become a certified groomer (hopefully next summer) you need to:

"Canadian Canine Stylist Intermediate Level 2 (CCST1-Int)
Books Needed: Theory of Five, by Melissa Verplank. CPPS Study Guide (free download)
Intermediate Stylist Technician involves written and practical tests.
The dog must be clippered or scissored in a utility (3.2mm to 2" coat), prep work is to be done before certification and you are able to do the CCST
and CCSI2 in the same day. Facilities for testing require a table.
Practical Fee: $75.00 Written Fee: $35.00

Canadian Canine Stylist Level 2 (CCS2) (Non-Sporting, Terrier & Sporting)
Books Needed: The CKC Breed Standards (2010 edition), Notes From The Grooming Table, by Melissa Verplank
Non Sporting Written and Practical
Sporting Written and Practical
Terrier (Long and short legged) Written and 2 Practical tests
2 Certifiers Required (exceptions: Acts of God, unforeseen circumstances)
Practical Fees: $75.00 per test Written Fees: $35.00 per test
Sub Total (for all 3 writtens and 4 practicals): $405.00"

Awesome dog, great personality. Very people-oriented. The only negative is they have to be exercised every day or they will be annoying and hyper. Exercised, they are happy couch potatoes that like to snuggle. :)

What kind of dog is PWD?
Is the last dog a West Highland Terrier? His after looks awesome!!! I wish I could bring my Jasper to you so we could talk cuts. I find that Jasper's current groomer is not very personable and doesn't talk much. Also, I can't stay with Jasper. I drop him off and pick him up 3 hours later. I hate that. The groomer I had before was the most amazing young woman. I'd stay the whole time and we'd chit chat and she'd show me different things and I would let her paint on Jasper. lol It was fun.

Its a Portuguese Water Dog, or PWD for short.

That would be fun Jorats XD. But I do groom at the back of the clinic, so its hard for owners to stay and chit-chat. But 3 hours is pretty long, it took me about 1 hour to do the Westie (yes, she's a west highland white terrier). In 3 hours I could do a standard poodle!

Maybe you just need to try different groomers and find one you like.

Yowza! You do a fantastic job!! I wish you were MY groomer. :bow:I've tried many different groomers but haven't found a single one that I really like. Ugh. Man, I really need to find a permanent groomer. I wish you lived closer! Then my poodle can look as purdy as the rest of those dogs!

great jobs....keep the pictures coming. I LOVE looking at before and after grooming photos...I don't groom a lot of dog but must try and remember to take some pics of before and after.

Back