My Grooming Portfolio

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone! Everything is going well. I actually have a FB page now just for the grooming if any of you want to keep up with my work XD https://www.facebook.com/pvahgrooming

I also have been talking to my parents, and I think i may pursue grooming as my career. I do have to make the decision quick, since second semester of college starts jan 6th, and we have to pay by jan 10th. I love grooming, and vet tech, but I like Grooming just a little bit more. Making pets feel good and look good. I'm not sure if I want to pull blood, monitor surgeries, prepare anesthesia any more. I do love volunteering/working for the clinic, and even watching surgeries, but actually being in there is a different thing.

amanda1472 said:
I also have been talking to my parents, and I think i may pursue grooming as my career. I do have to make the decision quick, since second semester of college starts jan 6th, and we have to pay by jan 10th. I love grooming, and vet tech, but I like Grooming just a little bit more. Making pets feel good and look good. I'm not sure if I want to pull blood, monitor surgeries, prepare anesthesia any more. I do love volunteering/working for the clinic, and even watching surgeries, but actually being in there is a different thing.
You should go with your gut feeling on this one and pursue what you enjoy the most. If you love your job, it makes your whole life happier. :)

I hope you don't mind Amanda but I wanted to post a picture of Jasper. Thanks to your help I finally love Jasper's groom. I asked for #3 comb on the body and Dahlas suggested to me a personality trim on the face.
I love it!!

JasperCUT_zpsd321f7b8.jpg

He looks wonderful! I'm gad you like it and that I was able to help. I have done quite a few more dogs after the ones above, but the pics are all on my facebook page if anyone wants to see them XD

amanda1472 said:
He looks wonderful! I'm gad you like it and that I was able to help. I have done quite a few more dogs after the ones above, but the pics are all on my facebook page if anyone wants to see them XD
I'd love to see them! What is your name on FB?

I bet those animals feel much better.

Quick question...how often should a dog be bathed? I have a pomchi with medium length fur who enjoys being bathed and I enjoy having him clean :giggle: but I worry because it very dry where I live. Also should I get a conditioner?

I'm sure the matted one fell better at least.

I would say every 4-8 weeks is good for a bath, and for a pomchi a conditioner should help if you brush after the bath for desheding purposes.

Back