My girls and their new cage furniture UPDATED May 5/10

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoria

I never really intro'd myself or my monkeys when I joined, so I thought I would show off my babies now that I recently spent a fortune on new goodies for their cage:

Cloud (agouti hooded, 2 yrs. 8 mos), Oreo (dumbo black hooded, approx. 13 mos.), and Butterscotch (beige hooded, approx. 13 mos.) digging into their yogurt smoothie:

Cloud discovers her new hammock:

Top half of their CN:

Bottom half:

what did you use on the ramps? that is such a good idea I worry about little feet and tails getting caught in between the bars!

artbymollie said:
what did you use on the ramps? that is such a good idea I worry about little feet and tails getting caught in between the bars!

It is needle point canvas that I got at Michaels. It's quite cheap (about $1 for an 8.5x11'' sheet) and easy to trim to the size you want... then you just weave it through the rungs on the ladder. The downside it that you have to take it of to get it properly cleaned and my girls chew at it so it rips and I just end up having to replace it frequently.

I used it when I had a girl with PT that would lose her balance and fall but would her feet stuck in the bars and it worked great for her. I took it off when her sister had HED and it made it harder for her to use the ladders and covered the ramps in fleece instead. I've got all able-bodied adults now (1.5-2 years old) so I don't have them on because they don't need them and it would take me longer to clean the cage.

Here are updated pictures of my current crew...

One of the last pictures of Cloud in her beloved ferret tube:

Monty, Ava, and Annabelle when they came home in February:

Annabelle enjoying a bran flake (don't mind the dirty cage or their inability to use the litter box...):

Monty loves my husband's house coat:

So does Ava:

For whatever reason, my kids are always fascinated with the cleaning bucket (water and vinegar)...:

My hubby trying to transport Butterscotch (on his right arm), Oreo (poking her head out under Butterscotch), Annabelle (on his left) and Ava (in the shirt):

My sister helps with Butterscotch's meds during her visit:

Monty takes advantage that the girls are busy playing during out time and enjoys a lab block in peace (and makes crumbs on hubby's side of the bed :giggle: ):

Butterscotch will not have none of it... or will she have all of it?:

Ava getting a drink.. play is hard work!:

Ava and Oreo enjoy pasta and squash:

Monty and Annabelle do the same.... notice that Butterscotch left behind a noodle when she ran over Monty with her portion:

Top of the CN (hasn't changed much):

Bottom of the CN (also pretty much the same):

My second cage. It's not as coordinated as my CN because I hope to introduce Grace and Sophie to my CN group:

Grace:

Learning to love rat blocks! :dance: :

The ever-elusive Sophie:

On the couch, you can sort of see her weak Himi smudge:

That's it! Those are my babies!

Back