My Girlins and Kittykitten

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhonda

Ever since I got my rats, I would walk into the room saying their names.. Jamie.. Nuuukkaaaa. But they would be like ?? So now I just call them Girlins and they hop on the bars awaiting to be let out or something. Before I use to call them Homie G's hahaa, they responded to that well. I haven't called Kat a girlin yet because shes not with the others, once she is I will. Usually when I say Kat she looks up at me and walks around watching me. Kittykitten is my cat, Feebee. I never use to call her that until I got my rats, so the animals have nicknames!

Lets start off with this information shall we,
Nukka: Nukka is 11 months old, born sometime in August. Her and Jamie are sisters, I got them at a pet store. They were so tiny they looked like little mice. They were laying together in a corner of the tank they were in and I said "I want those two." The breeder was like "Okay, I have to make sure they're both the same gender." Luckily they were :) all of the baby rats were running away from her hands but they just chilled out. Nukka is more of the dare devil, she will go anywhere when she knows it's safe. Once she's aware of her surroundings she just runs everywhere. She loves to give kisses. For some reason, Nukka loves her food.. you have to watch out when you give her something through the bars because she could rip your fingers off haha!
give_me_this_by_criminal_liar.png

Jamie: Jamie, same as Nukka, 11 months, and bought from a pet shop. The only difference from the two is that Jamie is more hesitant, she wont get off of the cage and explore as much as Nukka does, she likes to take it slow and eventually she explores. Once she's off the cage she goes crazy and tunnels through blankets and whatever is on the couch. She's more polite than Nukka.. she takes food ever so lightly and waddles off to eat it.
jamie_by_criminal_liar.jpg

Here's both of them in their house, I hope Kat can join them soon. When they want to groom each other, they have this groom standoff.. who ever gets on top the fastest&starts grooming, wins haha.
DSCN1548.jpg

This is them when they were 5-6 weeks old, awwwwww. They grow up too fast!
31383_10150167362880720_662360719_12194190_1391461_n.jpg

Kat: Kat is 8 weeks old, she was bought from the same pet shop where Jamie&Nukka were. I named Kat after my best friend her middle name is Katherine, she even helped me pick her out! I don't really know her behavior because she doesn't like to be picked up just yet. She's very shy but when she's on a roll she runs around. During introductions she would go back and forth to see what J&N are doing. I can tell she really wants to befriend them but they wont budge haha. Anyways, whenever I try to handle her she would stay still for about 10 seconds and then start running out of my hands. I've lost her 3 times. Her nickname is Satan, haha.. she has red beady eyes and loves to run away. She loves sleeping in this bed I bought, there's a bottom for it but she keeps taking it out. So I hope one day she will warm up to me and I can finally sit there without worrying about her running to hide. She has a unique stripe down her back.
DSCN1518.jpg

Kat has best friends, Bindi and Boomer. They're my friends degus!
DSCN1499.jpg

This is Kat on her escape trips, my friend got a bigger cage for her degus and Kat got out from the bars. I looked everywhere and then last minute I thought to look behind the cage hahahaha.
34609_10150208219540720_662360719_13352522_7518746_n.jpg

Feebee: And finally, Feebee. She's 10 years old, had a tough life her first few years. She was a stray, the mother got kicked out of the house when the owners found out she was pregnant. Feebee's ears are quite short due to frostbite, she barley has teeth from a gum disease, also she can't meow very well. It's just a little "meeruh meh" haha. When we first got her she was 5 years old, didn't know anything of playing until we got another calico I named Abbie. My mom found Abbie in the woods and thought it would be a great idea to bring her home. Sure it was great, Feebee had a playmate until Abbie started spraying everywhere.. my mom put her down. Ever since then Feebee has been running around the house like a maniac and playing with her toys.
DSCN0745.jpg

Here's Feebee and Abbie.. r.i.p
DSC08673.jpg

Feebee being a goof.
DSC01109.jpg

Back