my first intro

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky you

I had bad luck. My blue baby ended up having it's tail bitten by my vicious Yuki (A 1 year 4 months old rat that's full of energy). She was fine with them until now, she seems more agressive than the other days. Dunno what's up with her. Zumi totally ignores everyone except the baby, which she grooms and seems to love alot. The mother goes alot after Yuki but Yuki doesnt seem interested in her.... until she starts acting like a lioness looking for her preys. Vicious little thing waits for when im not watching to go bully the newcomers. Enyways, I had to seperate themso that the baby wouldn't get hurt back. When they're together, I watch them very closely and try several methods like bathtub ect... She seems very fine with them everywhere except in the cage. She was grroming and cuddling with them for like an hour and I decided "Well, let's try in the cage to see" and she goes big bully again.

Note : It's my brand new home-made cage too so it's kinda neutral territory. No rat has ever been in it except the four of them at the same time.

Darkblade, there are some girls that are just neurotic like that. Maybe you can try again when the baby is older and can fend for herself.

Back