My First (And LAST) Tattoo

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

My youngest sister and I got matching tattoos to honor my dad, as part of his Christmas gift. Since he was in the Army for 21 years, we got a pair of dog tags on our feet, with a chain wrapping around our ankles. One dog tag says "My Hero" and the other has his initials... MJB.

I just want to say, never again. That was excrutiating. My sister barely reacted... She's a moose of a girl. I on the other hand... Well we'll let the pictures do the talking.

Everything is great, we're signing release forms.
IMG_1265.jpg

Talking to Alexis, looking at it.
IMG_1281.jpg

And then...
IMG_1308.jpg

My sister, totally fine. She didn't flinch or anything.
IMG_1287.jpg

Me breaking out from nerves. (My wedding band on a necklace there).
IMG_1320.jpg

Finished product right after:
IMG_1318.jpg

A few hours later:
IMG_1322.jpg

Hope my dad appreciates this.

Oh Cait, that's wonderful and what a beautiful memory of your dad. Something you will now have forever.

I think I gave enough sympathy via text so now I can just laugh right?

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

I mean C'MON you posted that face picture! :cuddle:

What a great tattoo, Cait!

But really, that cannot be your last tattoo!
You got it in one of the most painful spots!
I bet if you get another tattoo, it will be a breeze compared to that one!

well geeze cait.. no wonder it hurt so bad.. you got it on a super tender area.... :roll: lol seriously tho.. it looks AMAZING... the guy did a great job... dont forget to keep it moisturized.. and dont soak it or it will run (like if you got paper marked in ink wet) ... AND DONT PICK AT IT!!....
ur dad is gonna love it im sure.. im super excited for you and ur sister! :joy:

That's really cool Cait. My first tattoo's were my last as well lol hurt like a SOB! Plus I passed out twice and scared the hell out of Ang lol So never again!

Really cool Cait!
You made me proud, even when you texted me swearing like a sailor!

The best thing ever to put on a tattoo is ointment for nappy rash on babies, and to wrap it in clingfilm (not sure what you guys call it, its that thin plastic stuff you wrap food in) - and watch your shoes aswell. I want a foot tattoo but i am waiting until summer so i can wear beach shoes. if it scabs and your shoes rub it off then you will have a blotchy tattoo and will have to go through it all again to get it filled in :p

You are brave :) I got a tattoo on my tummy and it didn't bother me - tickled in some areas aswell - but then my second is MASSIVE and on my ribs - and its kind of put me off lol.

love the design :D im sure your dad will love it aswell!

Won't be your last one Cait. My foot hurt like crazy, so I just won't get another on my foot. That is the only one that bothered me.

Oh no no. This is definitely my last. I do have to go in and get more beads filled in. The ankle and around the back (where he said it would hurt) was a breeze compared to the top of my foot. So I am sure I can handle that, more beads. I just have to sit still. At one point he goes "Can you be a little more... still?" LMAO. After that I tried really hard but I could feel myself flinching and my toes going "Nurr nurr nurr!!!", haha. So I'm sure he was like "Friggin stupid chick...". He got a 50% tip though so he should be happy.

I think it took about an hour for him to do the tattoo, from transfering the drawing onto my foot until he put the gun down.

LMAO Zooy!!! I can imagine... Quinn can attest too, it was curse after curse after curse... It just really hurt! Then Zooy goes... "Oh suck it up, you'll be fine!" LMAO. I am alive, yes, haha. And I didn't cry!!!

I just hope my dad likes it. He better cry.

I'm sure he will like it!

The top of your foot has to be one of the worst places you can get one! Worst as in pain wise. I've always wanted to get one there because I think its an awesome spot, but I'm far too much of a wimp! I've got one on my back on my shoulder blade and two on one (inside) wrist and one on the other, so I know the pain, but it honestly wasn't intolerable!

Yeah the guy was saying how the top of the foot, ribs, and wrist were the three places that hurt the most. He said for him, the ribs sucked the most and kind of turned him off getting more (temporarily, obviously). He also said the shoulder was the least painful place.

For care instructions, for the first 3 days he said just keep it uncovered, wash it with antibacterial soap, and then the 4th day start putting unscented lotion on it and DON'T pick at it! I will be okay not picking at it, it's still rather tender, haha.

Karly stepped on it last night... I could have died.

Back