My Double Ferret Nation Set Up *Pictures*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to have two of those tall three level types (can't find a pic and all mine are zoomed in on the inhabitants lmao) and despised it!! Not only did my dad and I set the first one up wrong (the doors opened inwards hehe :oops: ) but I found the bottom had to be in the perfect position to not fall out and the pee rivers and trying to take the shelves out to clean :gaah: It drove me nuts! I can't wait to get a CN!!

Asheka said:
I use to have two of those tall three level types (can't find a pic and all mine are zoomed in on the inhabitants lmao) and despised it!! Not only did my dad and I set the first one up wrong (the doors opened inwards hehe :oops: ) but I found the bottom had to be in the perfect position to not fall out and the pee rivers and trying to take the shelves out to clean :gaah: It drove me nuts! I can't wait to get a CN!!

Oh man, one is bad enough, but you had to deal with cleaning TWO? EUGH! It takes me ages to clean and it's so frustrating, with those darn pee-river shelves...ugh. I am so looking forward to two new CNs for my ratties. My boys are in the awful Super Pet and they'll be moving to a double CN. My four girls are in a very big, boring, one-level homemade cage and they'll be moved to a single CN. I cannot wait!

Oh yea...it was a nightmare! The two chinchillas in the one wasn't too bad as they rarely peed on the shelves...but my ferret was a little brat and would go pee and poo in the corners of them, so there was always a mess to clean on the floor...We put down some heavy duty plastic not long after he started this though to protect the floors..ugh...

Asheka said:
Oh yea...it was a nightmare! The two chinchillas in the one wasn't too bad as they rarely peed on the shelves...but my ferret was a little brat and would go pee and poo in the corners of them, so there was always a mess to clean on the floor...We put down some heavy duty plastic not long after he started this though to protect the floors..ugh...

Funny considering the cage is meant for ferrets! The rats don't seem to knock stuff out too badly but their tiny little turds get stuck in the pee rivers and they won't sweep out...so when I get the CN, I'm taking the Super Pet apart, cleaning it all up nicely, boxing it up, and either putting it in storage or shipping it off to someone else. I guess we'll see.

ugh, I know, right? :emb: I got so frustrated with it after a few months I stopped taking apart and would wipe down everything and clean the bottom separately and just take the darned thing outside (if it was warm enough) and hose it off hardcore :lol:

Ratty Momma said:
My pet supply store got some new stuff in, so I had to buy it!!

new setup ..again!

IMG_9231.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

IMG_9227.jpg

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9229.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg

Nice i am going to try out the newpaper in the FN see how it works out. I am guessing you change it everyday? or every other day? Since my girls are now litter trained this might work. Thee fleece smell bothers me so much now even the same day i clean thee cage, i smell the pee in the fleece and it makes me want to be sick. And to top it all off there is only 6 rats total in a double FN.

Everyday the top level needs to be changed, every third of the bottom lol ..they spend more time up top, lol ..but it works really well, no smell :)

Back