My Boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maddox saying hello. ^-^

ze6uqydu.jpg

Okay so like maddox has what looks to be a skin tag? Is this possible?

He has it on both sides of his face at the same exact place on each side...
Please note he has had these since I acquired him.
pagu6aha.jpg

Last edited:
Okay so like maddox has what looks to be a skin tag? Is this possible?

He has it on both sides of his face at the same exact place on each side...
Please note he has had these since I acquired him.
pagu6aha.jpg
That is where a set of feeler whiskers normally is. The nakies seem to be missing them. This puts them at a disadvantage in the dark compared to rats that have them. They can't feel the sides of their tunnels as well.

I havent updated this in a while. Today I just got 2 new boys!

Meet Eridium and Zer0. ^-^
Ridi is the hairless one.
Ill have more of their story posted tomorrow.

ma5yru4a.jpg

umyvyvep.jpg

usy3epud.jpg

4anu9u3e.jpg

Last edited:
So, this is just an update of how I came to own Ridi and Zer0.

It all started when I had to seperated maddox to be by himself because he was being very badly bullied by max.

Maddox recovered but was very lonely while I go to work. I had waited a few months for a hairless dumbo named dobby, who I am still getting. However, I felt bad for maddox. So I was looking around the internet for over a week and finally decided to call some pet stores. One that is 30 minutes from where I live ordered 2 male hairless rats. So the day they called I went in. There was ridi and there was one that had ruby eyes. I liked ridi because he has dark eyes and he wasnt as nervous as rhe other rat.

I started talking to the girl at the pet store because she has rats too. I told her about a craigslist ad that had hairless as feeders. She then told me about 2 super friendly fancy rats they were selling as feeders in the store and she had been trying to get the store to sell them as pets. We stood there taking some more abd I started to rub Zero's cheek. He rolled over to let me rub him more. I theb picked him up and he climbed up to my shoulder and remained there for a good while. I decided to take him too. He is my boyfriend's rat. He is really funny too. Zero also Jumps around the cage like an assassin.

Thank you. ^-^ maddox loves having friends. But he does like his alone time with his mama. (He has rhe whole bedroom to run around. After an hour he comes and snuggles with me.)

Thank you Vladina! He also thanks you as well. :)

You know its kinda funny. I had said I would never get a hairless animal and yet when I learned about his blindness and how he had scars and no one was really interested I took him in. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really glad I did because he is such a sweetheart and I love him. :)

Aww, I just found this thread again and I loved what you said about your sweet nekkie boy! Yep, I do not blame you...if I came across a blind naked boy with scars that no one was interested in, that would make him all the more endearing to me and I would grab him up in a second and take him home forever. I totally hear you on that..and he is a sweetheart! Beautiful in his very own way! :lotsohearts:

Maddox thanks you, Vladina. :)
Hehe. Yes, he is such a sweet boy. He almost comes to me when I call his name. If i get up and move around the room, he is right there.

Oh and I finally got a picture of Zer0! I got him for my bf and soon the boys and I will be moving to Illinois.

db4b9f605614fa70f50c5733252ac3f6.jpg

Back