My Arrowhead Camping Trip (tons of photos!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

First of all, lots of pictures, so it might take a long time to load… I went camera happy!

I’m back from camping! It was a short trip, we left Monday morning and returned Thursday afternoon. We had never been to Arrowhead Provincial Park before, so we decided to go for just a few days to see if we liked it or not… and the verdict is, we’ll be going back again for sure! We lucked out as well, it was warm and sunny, perfect summer weather. My only complaint is that the mosquitos loved me... my family only got 1-3 bites each, I got 8 on my ankles within the first 10 minutes of getting there. Even with bug spray, I managed to finish the trip with nearly 40 bites. Ugh, I'm itching up a storm :p There must be some reason why they like me over anyone else!

Our campsite was a good size, and really private. We had a squirrel and chipmunk that would visit us a few times everyday, and I gave them some cheerios. My dog didn't care about them, he let the chipmunk walk right past him without batting an eye. I guess they are just another rat to him. Lol.

Okay, on to the pictures!

Our Campsite
18.jpg

My dog Cody in the site
17.jpg

The Beach – there’s actually 5 small beaches, but I found them enjoyable. The water was cool, but not cold. We had a lot of fun swimming from one beach to another.

23.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Every year I take feet pictures in the sand.. I’m not sure why, Lol.
10.jpg

11.jpg

We only had time to go on one hike, which led us to a small falls, which was really pretty and quite relaxing to hear the rush of the water.

A couple pictures of the river
5.jpg

6.jpg

Me walking down the stairs to the bridge over the falls
7.jpg

We rented a Canoe on Wednesday for a few hours, the lake was so calm and the wind was a light breeze. It made the canoe trip for amateurs very enjoyable. The scenery was very pretty, rolling hills surrounded the lake with forest in every direction.

Canoes. We had #5 and #10.
1.jpg

9.jpg

16.jpg

Lake from the canoe
26.jpg

My mother and father in their canoe
25.jpg

My attempt at my and my brother in our canoe.. hard when I’m holding the camera! Lol
27.jpg

My dog hadn’t been camping with us since about 2 years ago, so we were pleasantly surprised at how well behaved he was. He was so quiet, the other dogs in the parks made him seem like an angel. :snicker: We took him to the little dog beach to swim, and he decided the only stick man-enough for him was a log.

37.jpg

35.jpg

Some scenery
34.jpg

31.jpg

29.jpg

28.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

3.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

A few animal/plant pictures.
Pretty flower my brother took a photo of
22.jpg

My brother caught this toad on our campsite.
2.jpg

A cute little baby toad
8.jpg

A deer on the side of the road, managed to snap a picture before the cyclists scared her away.
4.jpg

My brother took this series of photographs which I tried to paste together for him on the computer
panaromaattempt.jpg

Oh wow... that was simply amazing. I loved each and every picture. It's almost like being there.
Thanks sooo much for sharing with us!!

Just beautiful!! Makes me want to go camping too!! Like Jo said, it felt like we were there with you. That's how great the pictures are!! :thanks:

I love all the pictures.

A couple of years ago my boyfriend at the time and I spent the day there. You can actually sit in the falls and let the water go over you. I would definately go back there again for sure..... when I actually get time to go camping.

My parents have invited Wayne and I up north to the cottage they are renting in September. It's called Wakomata Lake about 1.5 hours northeast of Sault Ste Marie. I can't wait to go.

Thanks, I had a lot of fun! I really can't wait to go camping again. I'm going to try plan another trip for us (somehow the past two summers I've become trip planner...) I think I'll go to Killbear next if I can find free space available :) We lucked out on this trip and had a nice private campsite, not bad for a last minute reservation!

Back