My 1st colony is now complete!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalltowngirl

I thought about it for several days after getting Marley & Boo and I decided to do intros early with these last two. Marley & Boo came from the same girls(Humans) that Diego & Archie came from. I trust them and know they have strict quarantine procedures in their own home. I put their cages side by side the first 4 days. Day before yesterday I got them all out 3 different sessions and everything went perfect! Yesterday I scrubbed down the big cage as my family had them out together for play time.(Almost 1 1/2 hour session) When it was time to go back to the big cage I put them all together with no problems. They were in there for about 3 hours before the humans in our family went to bed. (I did sleep in the living room all night to make sure I was close in case of emergency.) You would think they all have been together since birth the way they play, eat, & sleep together...sigh...they are so sweet. I love my boys....... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: My 1st colony is now complete.

We haven't had any fighting at all! I am so relieved I have been worried about it since we decided to get 5 boys. They all do have different personalities but no one is conflicting with the other.......for now. Will they get more aggressive as they age? They act like they have been brothers since birth and it is very cute. They all seem to have an easy going personality as far as playing and eating together. Boo (the white one/youngest baby) has been bringing Rizzo(the oldest) food and laying it down in front of him...what does that mean? Rizzo plays with him all the time and they groom each other very affectionately.

If they come from a good breeder, then there shouldn't be any aggressive behaviors.
It's not common for a rat to become aggressive. It all depends on certain factors like genetics, environment, treatment, care...

jorats said:
If they come from a good breeder, then there shouldn't be any aggressive behaviors.
It's not common for a rat to become aggressive. It all depends on certain factors like genetics, environment, treatment, care...

Thanks Jo! They should be fine.....I'm just a worrier. They get treated like spoiled little human kids here so they should be fine. I love my boys...... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Back