Mr Alley Rat Allistar updated 1/14/08

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunzwithRatz

Orange, So California (Rotterdam, NL Originally)
I would like to introduce Mr Alley Rat (Allistar)
He came into my rescue in the beginning of the year with trauma. His prior owner did not know how to handle rats and thought that picking him up by the tail was the correct way. Thus resulting in separated rectum and boy parts. He has healed as well as he will be ever healed, but he does not let anyone hold him. He will tolerate me petting him, but I respect his choice in the holding and we have a perfect relationship this way. When it comes time to clean his cage, he knows the drill and I hold a spare cage up for him to crawl into and he gladly does it on his own will. Further amazing me with how intelligent these animals are! Well with out more delay, here is my Alley Rat.
5 am being woke up for his morning breakfast..........

zzzzzzzzzzzsnooooozzzzuhhhhmmmm
IMG_2359.jpg

Whats going on mom, its early (notice the bed head)
IMG_2360.jpg

Huh! did you say breakfast?
IMG_2358.jpg

I can smell it, where is it where?
IMG_2363.jpg

Oh Please hurry!
IMG_2362.jpg

Yummmmm I just love breakfast
IMG_2361.jpg

You can see there is always the porphryn staining on one of his eyes. I think he is just a drama king LOL
Thanks for looking :wink2:

What a doll!
That poor sweetie, what an awful injury for him.
I'm so glad he's all better, physically and getting the best loving ever now.

Oh baby! Bless his heart!
I'm so glad the emotional stuff is bettering (tho it sounds like his former person meant no harm, but was just ignorant of what was ok & what was not?)
What lasting physical problems has this caused him?
(Aw, Allistar, you are a charmer, baby!)

Fidget said:
What lasting physical problems has this caused him?
(Aw, Allistar, you are a charmer, baby!)

It has caused him to have loose bowel movements at times, I feel he is getting stronger and stronger the longer I have him. He greets me twice a day now and looks forward to his morning breakfast each morning. I was actually able to pet him for a bit last night, on his head and I told him that he was a big hit on the Rat Shack. I guess he liked to hear that he bruxed afterwards! Some days I notice his eye is more red than others, but I just think he is having a bad day and tell him its ok, i'm home now.

What a sweet boy......He is so lucky to have found you.
I rescued a boy a while ago who had not had a great life and was very afraid. He never would let me pick him up but we also came to a wonderful arrangement for cleaning.......He is gone now but I will always remember how special he was...

Godmother said:
He's a sweetie. What a relief that he got to be with you for the rest of his life. I bet that some day he will let you pick him up.

no sooner had you typed this, it happened! I was in shock, I didnt want to put him down! I had to because it was cleaning day. But not first without taking pictures!

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

I think this just made my entire week! Month and maybe more! I have tried so hard and it finally paid off, I cant describe what a feeling it is to actually hold him.

Back