Moving to California

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennifervb

Hi All!!!

Just a head's up that I am relocating to California on September 14th.

Things have been chaotic over here and a month ago my mom wound up in the hospital for a week. They have been hinting that it would be nice if I were "closer to home" so when the opportunity to relocate (and keep my current job) popped up... I was on it!

I am leaving the East Coast with mixed feelings. I am a native Californian but I have been in the D.C. area for almost a decade. I have friends here and it hurts to leave them.

On the other hand, I will be back in my home state with my family and friends I went to school with. I will be in area of Laguna Niguel and San Juan Capistrano (close to San Diego) and I am REALLY looking forward to that!!!

I am driving cross country (ROAD TRIP.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - "Legally Blonde") and will hopefully arrive in California by the 18th/19th. My current landlady is doing the trip with me and we are going to spend an extra night in Albuquerque to take in the sights.) I'm really happy to have someone with me. At least I won't get stuck in the Mojave Desert by myself with the Rattlesnakes and Sidewinders. :bunnydance:

Pray hard for me. I just moved in May so I don't actually have the funds to move. My agency can't provide relocation assistance because of Sequestration. I'm having a yard sale on Saturday to get rid of everything that is not critical to survive (the Harry Potter collection is going with, however...I consider it to be "critical.") :laugh4:

Best of luck with the move! Hehe, and welcome back to California. The hubby and I drive through San Juan Capistrano on our way down to visit my folks - its one of our designated "refill the gas tank" spots.

Oh, and you'd only be an hour away from Wee Companion's new adoption center and store!

I'm excited for you! It's a huge move, but it sounds like being close to your family is going to be good for you (and for them, especially your mom). I can't imagine what it would be like to leave the D.C. area after so long and head back to California. Culture shock? Sounds like it is going to be one heck of a road trip (road trips rule!!). I still want to see you before you go, but even if it doesn't work out, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your journey. The east coast won't be the same without you :hugs:

That sounds awesome. I moved back to indiana for my parents and some days I hate it but for the most part i like being around family.

thanks everyone!

It has been a long and hard 5 months since I came home. My family is fine but I am not happy in the new job location. Ugh.

The place is so dead it isn't even funny! I have a telephone interview with a private sector company next week so I am praying hard that I make it through to the next round of interviews.

The road trip was awesome but I lost the cable to my camera and can't download anything!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

The trip was nerve-wracking in some places....especially the Arizona desert. I had these visions of running out of gas in the middle of some 200 mile stretch without cell phone reception. Talk about paranoid! Of course, the trip went without a hitch so I guess I worried about 2 years off of my life for no good reason. :D

It is really good to be back home and close to my family and friends!!! I loved the fast pace of Washington, D.C., but I was a pretty lonely soldier most of the time. Moving back to California has been better for my Shaklee business since Californians are more into health and wellness than people were on the East Coast!

My favorite stop, during the trip home, was Albuquerque. My landlady and I spent 2 days there and saw the Mission and a really cool Indian museum! They had some seriously awesome food in their restaurant! Too bad I didn't have any rats to share my open faced Indian Taco with. That thing was HUGE! :D

I managed to forget my username and password for the Rat Shack....talk about embarrassing. I allow myself to forget other usernames and passwords, but the Rat Shack is not on that list. I was really annoyed with myself.

Hopefully, I will be able to get a new cable for my camera and hope that some of the pictures came out.

I hope RPOM is able to be reinstated. I loved that!!!

I'm happy to be back among you guys. I really missed you. :love6:

Back