Morris

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Morris came to mamarat as a result of an extremely unselfish act... Morris' mommy knew she couldn't neuter him but also knew that a lone rat is not a happy rat. She was right!
Morris was neutered and slowly introduced to buddies. We had a small setback and had to wait it out. It only took a few days and they were ready again. We've been doing intros over a couple of weeks and as it turns out House is the one with greater issues.
Morris on the other hand couldn't wait when it was intro time. He became so happy, bouncy and playful each time we added him to the buddies, even if House bullied him.
Morris is a completely changed rat... he needed buddies to make his life complete. We finished the intro today by allowing them all to go into a "new to them" FN. We closed the doors and they've been together now for the last hour or so... everyone settling in. We expect a few scuffles because House is just a poopoohead. But I expect they are together to stay.

Here are a few pics of today's intro:

A very pouffy Tiki and House:

intros05.jpg

Jammed up in the igloo:

Intros03.jpg

Wilson and Morris...these two really like each other:

Intros04.jpg

Sniff sniff:

Intros02.jpg

Intros01.jpg

Tiki finding a quiet place:

intros06.jpg

A tired House:

intros07.jpg

Morris says thank you for all the buddies!!

intros08.jpg

It's been 4 hours and the boys are still happy enough.

I've put together a video the the five of them:

[youtube:28r3w68g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1hNEwh7lN8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1hNEwh7lN8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:28r3w68g]

That's more a movie than a video! It has everything - Storyline, Action, Drama, Humor, major Suspense, even a perfect music score. And first and foremost the male hero has the cutest whiskers to ever grace a movie screen or make a girl's heart go pit-a-pat. Lol at House with the plastic lid, even the nemesis is awful cute for a poopoohead! lol :heart:
So nice to see Morris grab it like he's accepting he has as much right as anyone in the group.
Hoping it's a peaceful night from now on forever with everyone together.

I hope Cigar sees this and his heart feels all the joy his arms have been missing.
Great video, even better adoption & ratty-heart fulfullment.

This morning all is very well... The rats are quite happy too.

Here's a pic of where they are living now:

introFN.jpg

And of course those whiskers that everyone seem to love so much. :wink2:

Morriswhiskers.jpg

I had a dream about a dumbo rat last night and it made my heart ache for MoMo.. finding this post, even though it's old, helps me feel at ease. I know that he's loved and not alone anymore. Being around my neck in a pouch 24/7 could never compare to his new friends. Dr. Morris will alwaysalways have a special place in my heart.

Rest assured, he's a happy boy... his behavior changed so much due to the neuter. I can go and kiss him in between the FN bars. He wants to play all the time with his buddies which is why mamarat adopted 3 more rats closer to his age so they can play all the time.

Back