More bad luck :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebrageekgirl

After losing Bmo today I decided to bath Lemon as he looked really dirty, I thought it could just be that oil that they give off but thought some nice bonding over a bath would be nice too.
When we were drying him off a bit we found he is covered in mites! I've no idea how. I haven't checked the other boys yet. he is really skinny but never stops eating. I thought it was just him as the others are normal size. But can mites make rats skinny.
I'm going to get stronghold as I heard that was best. I just need advice on how best to dose him and the other boys and how to get rid of the mites.
I've a new cage coming on Wednesday as theirs is broken and they are just living in the top half which is too small for them all. I'm guessing this will help as I can start a fresh with new toys bedding etc. any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear I'm sorry your going through this. Your best to get kitten Stronghold, its only available from the vet.
To treat mites/lice you will have to treat them for once a week for 3 weeks to make sure all parasites and any eggs are dead.
I'm sure the members here can help you with the dosage and how many tubes you'd need for the amount of ratties you have.
A deep thorough clean of the cage, and all accessories is recommended as for wooden toys etc they can be frozen in the freezer for 24-72hours.
I'm so sorry about Bmo, rest peacefully little guy.

I've found a product in the uk that has good reviews so I am going to get that and hope it works. Do I need to bush the ratties after a few days to get rid of the dead mites or will they do it themselves by grooming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back