Moo && Bad News

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miya_Moo_Chu

Moo is acting a bit weird, she wont run to me anymore, she's more STAND-OFFish, usually she'd run to me, or jump off the couch when i'm doing my homework. But now she's just hiding under things and burrowing under the towel I gave her...And she wont let me touch her belly at all, like she used to...
She's not as calm as she used to be, i'm a bit worried..
I checked with the vet, and he said that it's not her meds, her meds can't hurt her, or any of her kittens[If there is going to be any...:(] sooo...
I'm hopeing that it's just a rattie fase that she's going threw.. If you have any idea's tell me..

Bad news part comes in right about here.
Chu! Is still, in fact, sneezing.. dramatically now.. And The medicine is calming her, but she keeps having these episodes where she'll sneeze about 5 times.. I guess it's just me being a worry wart, but I guess i'm just like that.
Well thanks everyone!
Sure hope to hear from you

Does she sneeze more in the cage, out of the cage, on you? Are there scents that could be bothering her? I had a rat that couldn't take my hairspray. He would always sneeze on my shoulder. I even stopped wearing perfume and use an unscented deodorant now.

Is Moo the one that's pregnant, she might be getting ready to have them if she's pregnant. That might be why she's standoffish.

I'm so confused... I thought that the vet told you that she wasn't pregnant in http://www.jorats.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3208 which would have made it safe to give her meds if she wasn't pregnant. What meds is she on? If you are continuing to be certain that she's pregnant then you should probably ask your vet if you should stop meds even though it might make her less able to fight off infections later on if you don't finish the course of antibiotics.

As for Chu's sneezing, you have only had the meds for a couple of days... you need to give them time to work. How are you giving the meds? what are the meds? what is the dosage? how many times per day? It is possible that your vet, if he didn't even notice that Moo was pregnant (if she is pregnant), may not be a great Rat vet and may not have given you a strong enough dosage, right amount, or correct meds. If Moo is pregnant, also, you should separate Moo and Chu so that, if Moo is preggers, Chu won't get Moo or the babies sick.

***EDIT: Sorry, I just saw that the vet had told you that the meds couldn't hurt the babies. I'm still curious what meds she is on, though, as far as why it hasn't helped considerable for Chu's sneezes and sniffles***

Back