monkey sick,losing weight fast!Updated!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok we went to the vet and he most likely has a very bad case of Pneumonia. the vet said he may be too far gone but did let us try and gave us Amoxicillin Trihydrate and is also going to give us Doxy (we have to pick it up tomorrow he did not have anymore on the shelve)

lilspaz68 said:
Ooh Lil2! The first vet found nothing wrong? Ugh :doh:

i know :( if this does not work i will put him down as i really do not want him to suffer for me :sad3: i put in my head that i did the best i can and he got the best life with me as to where he would have ended up with.

the meds though he told me to give him half a ml of the Amoxicillin Trihydrate i know this is wrong so could you please help me with dosage again.

monkey weight:
252g

he lost a lot of weight i know, also monkey and girly are not full sized rats i was always wondering why? im guessing very bad genes or dwarfs?

on another note while in the car he stayed on me the whole time slept and boggled a lot! its the first time a rat boggled for me.

also when i get the doxy ill ask for dosing that also.

Monkey and Girly were neglected and then lost their mom and had to be hand-raised by you. they were lucky to live :) they will always be small.

Can you give us the concentratoin fo the amoxi?

And is that ALL your vet gave you for him???

well monkey is doing ok he started eating a bit today. last night monkey did feel really down and i really thought he was going but today he seems a tiny better and eating a bit of blocks and some ensure. last night i was telling myself that i was going to call the vet and get him pts but today he starts eating and stuff. so i put it off because he seems a tiny better nothing huge but something. but if he does the thing he was doing last night where he would just sleep and not move and look really icky i will be making the call tomorrow as i really do not want him to suffer for me.

You have to give the meds 3-4 days to start working, just keep him fed, hydrated and warm. They all look scary when they are sick, but it doesn't mean he won't get better. :thumbup:

ok thanks a bunch Shel i also called the vet to check up on the doxy i wanted pill form as it might last me longer and if i ever needed more id have it too but so far they said he ordered liquid form.

how long does liquid form last of doxy?

Back