Monkey *cries*.. very pic heavy... sorry, it's long.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael

I already typed this out, a massive post, typing from my heart really. But I lost the whole post, so I have to retype it. I'll try keep it shorter now.

Monkey was more than just a rat to me, she was really a massive part of my life... all of my rats are but she was something completely different. She came everywhere with me... car rides, ate dinner with me, slept in the same bed as me. That was the best thing. She would be under the covers all night and either cuddle right in next to me or wriggle up my top and sleep there.

I'm going to post a lot of pictures.... she was my most photogenic rat. I have over a thousand pictures of her.

Charlotte, Penny, and Heather arrive. Charlotte...

chazpregnant014.jpg

She gave birth to 4 girls. Gwen, everybodys crazy mad girl. Pink was always my mums girl. Hippo my younger sisters. And from the start, Monkey was "my" baby.

babypicturesa037.jpg

babypicturesa003.jpg

babypicturesa017.jpg

beautiful002.jpg

Monkey at 8 weeks

lovely026.jpg

She really went through so many health problems that vets and we wondered how she was still so happy and going so well. She had epilepsy, and bad case of it too. But it got better as she aged.... she also had kidney failure.... ear infection, urine infection, cellulitis, pyometra, and a tumour at the end too which wasn't removed and didn't grow luckily.

Some random pictures of my baby.

bmvids003.jpg

Relaxing on my sister this month

MONKEYAPRIL16TH003.jpg

Also this month

BrackenandCherrymonkeysick004.jpg

fernsmouth101-1.jpg

We looked out the window together a lot.... she loved the smell of fresh air!

fernsmouth011.jpg

Monkey and her sister Gwen came 2nd place in a valentines competition on here... Thank you all who voted again..... it was lovely, she loved the prizes and was sleeping in them the day before she left....
Her and her sister Pink in the prize. Pink was special to Monkey, they had a great bond....
Pink was PTS March 8th 2010...

monkeypinkPRIZES018.jpg

She also loved Darcy (RIP)

missd.jpg

My prize :joy:

monkeypinkPRIZES002.jpg

The last ever picture of her.... it isn't nice that I'll never take another picture of her.
April 23rd

23rdApril2010053.jpg

I should stop now. Crying too much.

Thank you all.
lilangel that's the last thing Monkey will want to do - she will find a nice bed and go to sleep! Playing was of no interest to her hehe...

I've decided to get Monkey cremated. Never had that done before but burying her would be too hard and it's hard already.

I am so sorry for your loss of that lovely girl. It is so obvious how much you loved her and how she was an integral part of your life.

Cremation is a nice idea. Then you can scatter her ashes or keep an urn, whichever feels better for you.

I hope that you have lots of comfort at this painful time.

Sorry about your heart rat Monkey. She obviously meant a lot to you. It's OK to be sad. It's important to grieve, so don't rush things. You may find some comfort in having her ashes close by so you can visit with her whenever you need to.

The cremation supply urns... they're beautiful....
All I can do is cry and I feel like a totla idiot. I don't know how I will sleep because for ages she slept in the same bed.

I need her
:(

thank you all so muhc again

Back