Momo - 12/2013 - 5/4/2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandon

Well... it's finally happened. My sweet, darling old gal Momo has gone to the bridge.

I don't want to go over the things that led up to this.. I'm sure most of you already know what Momo was dealing with and why I had to put her to sleep, but now that she's gone [and buried next to her mummy] I can finally, safely, and absolutely say that I made the right decision.

Momo was in pain. I wish that wasn't the case but I didn't notice until it was too late. She had a tumor in her cheek that completely messed up the alignment of her jaw and teeth, and on top of that - after examining her body after she passed away, I found one of her trademark malignant tumors growing inside her, near the ribcage area. Which kind of throws out my belief that the cancerous tumors had stopped growing.

Momo and I fought through many battles, many health conditions, and many surgeries - and my girl toughed through every single one of them. She was unbelievably strong and brave, and I doubt I'll ever meet another rat that rivals her in that field. She never seemed to be afraid.. it was like she knew something I didn't. That she was here to teach me to be brave too..

But enough about her health problems. I want to talk about Momo BEFORE she grew her first tumor. It seems like she's been dealing with them for so long that I've started to identify her with that chapter of her life.. and forgot about little 3 month Momo climbing into my sleeves and stealing snacks from my hand, of the precious little girl jumping onto my lap and trying to explore my carpet, without a fear in the world. A dream that I - on two occasions, allowed her, when it became obvious that she would die at any point. That was 8 months before she actually did. She surpassed my expectations.

Momo was my favourite rat.. she was more than a pet. She was a companion that I had with me for two straight years. My heart feels like it's being stabbed repeatably with the knowledge that she's gone, but I know she'll never truly be gone as long as I keep her in my heart.

Momo died in my arms today, painlessly slipping away to the bridge to reunite with Pepper and Daisy. I hope some day I'll be able to see her again.. but until that day, I'll continue fighting more battles with my remaining girls. It may hurt now, and it will hurt again.. but the memories Momo gave to me make all this suffering worth it.

Allow me to repeat my last words to you Momo... I love you. I will always love you.

Rest in Peace Momes.

yGNdtig.jpg

UsWUqhl.jpg

JJYGfTo.jpg

RNPunRz.jpg

RdUGROB.jpg

O7ltzHa.jpg

ESRPqWr.jpg

Vb05th2.jpg

egg7QxO.jpg

UlySfo1.jpg

eddjg0H.jpg

Rest easy beautiful girl! I'm sorry for your loss mandon! Sending warm positive thoughts to you in your time of grief..

A lovely, pretty little girl and a beautiful memorial. She will be missed. Play hard at the bridge Momo, you were loved and always will be. Thinking of you Mandon. You did the right thing by Momo and I promise that your pain will ease with a bit of time. I love that picture of her peeking out your sleeve. Captures her little character and your bond very well!

Thank you for the kind words. I still miss her so much.. a lot more intensely than I ever missed Pepper and Daisy, as much as I feel guilty for saying that... Momo was my special girl. It feels like a piece of me was ripped away when she died, and now it's just making the regret I had about all the missed opportunities to spend time with her all the more intense.

so very sorry for your loss

Momo was a lucky girl, good home, long life, and all the love she could ever want or need

may your memories bring you comfort.

How fortunate that you found each other, you obviously had a special bond together. It's amazing how much these little guys can teach us; this is the legacy they mean to leave for us, not the pain of their loss. I hope your memories eventually ease your grief.

Back