Molly and her bubs-30 days old 04/25..more danglies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Molly's story starts here...

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=10526

and ends up in my home with her 6 eepers that were born last night. Dad was removed the day before so there will be no more litters for little Molly. I was a bit worried about a post-partum pregnancy which can happen within 24 hours of giving birth and obviously what happened this time around
Molly was named by the woman's son, who was angry I was taking her away. The mom never named her even while having her for 3 months.
She said that Molly was basically the same size when she got her but her tail grew a little... :shock:

So I am guessing she is about 5-6 months? She has an "old" face, but its brightening up very fast now...hehe.
She's another teeny at 182 grams and this is her 2nd surviving litter. Molly is calm and sweet and feeding her bubs as we speak. :D
Btw we took her cage as well, so the woman wouldn't be able to fill it again ;)

There are 3 girls, and 3 boys (Moon and I sexed them, so we *think* we are right)
1 - pink-eyed girl
2 - black-eyed girls
1 - black-eyed boy
2- pink-eyed boys

Meet Molly and her family...

Molly1mar26.jpg

Molly3mar26.jpg

Molly in the Giant's Hand
Mollyinthegiantshandmar26.jpg

Molly2mar26.jpg

The bubbies with Moon's finger
MollybabiesandMoonsfingermar26.jpg

Baby pillow
Babypillowmar26.jpg

Milk bellies :joy:
Someonehasamilkbellymar26.jpg

Someone is aspiring to be a air traffic controller
Babyaspiringtobeanairtrafficcontrol.jpg

and someone else is acting demure
Thislittleoneactsdemuremar26.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hehe.. my finger... that bub's first ever belly scritches!

Molly is a very sweet young mom. Didn't mind about the babies being handled or her being picked up out of the cage, she just wants to be a GIRL and get OUT OUT OUT!

Sweet mama and babes!! :heart: I am glad they are with you. It was sad to think that the former owner did not even give Molly a name. Soon she will fill out and start to enjoy her life. those little bubs have good milk bellies, amazing from a mama who had a rough life.

dogsnbears said:
so happy you got them :joy:

So am I!

How are your "old" babies? I cannot wait to hear about them and then meet them :D
You actually have full sisters and brothers to these little pinkies :D

Poor moon was tired and had an early day today, so we are giving her 7 Karma Points for the 7 lives.... :hugs:

The cage wasn't a habitrail thank god, BUT its dimensions were 11" wide, 21" long and 16" high...and a few days back it housed the little pregnant momma, a very big daddy, and six 4 week old babies!!!!
Mollysformercage.jpg

Just for size comparisons...look at the dish
Dudley eating breakfast
Dudleyandhisbreakfast.jpg

Molly having her first brekkie :D
Mollyatbreakfast1.jpg

Mollyatbreakfast2.jpg

She is sneezing and making some noises that are concerning and her conditions/coat isn't that great so I may be weaning this litter early so I can put mom on abs. But she is a very very good mom, I checked all the bubs this morning, and they look great and have milk bellies and are squalling. :heart:

jorats said:
Now I realize it's only 7:40am... but where are today's pics? :giggle:

Geez ladies! Don't you know this is Breakfast Day, and I have to med, water, top up food then breakfast all the rats? Then I must oogle the babies, before I post?

oh Yeah and I must shower. :giggle:

Back