MMak's Crew - Update 06/27/2012 :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestion, MR! I have actually started to check for plugs and have done a few cleanings. He is able to clean himself down there, however I find he struggles with it and will sometimes give up (as he tends to flop over). He's pretty smart though, I've noticed him starting to go to a corner of the cage whenever he cleans himself (so he's able to prop himself up). It's definitely something I've been keeping an eye on though...

As for the age, you could be right... it's hard to say. They looked to be around 8 months when I first got them as they were smaller & pretty lanky (especially Polo). They each gained about 80-100g with me, but their past is unknown..so for all I know, that could have even been a nutrition deficiency or something.

GOOD NEWS - Marco has gained about 10g! :D

I also went out and picked up some vanilla Glucerna to add to his soaked lab blocks for some weight, as well as 300/200mg Glucosamine/Chondroitin to help out with his mobility.
I will keep everyone updated on his progress!

Just another quick update because it made me so happy!
The boys are kept in my room and I went to bed extra early last night (since I had to get up at 6)
...well, I didn't end up getting to sleep for about a hour or hour and a half because Marco was suddenly feeling really good!
He's mostly been laying around and sleeping in his cage lately.. but this time he was exploring all over the place - he couldn't stay put!
He even went and played with a chew toy (the knutty knob knibbler).
:joy:
So far he doesn't look quite as stiff moving around (since I started giving him the gluco/chondro) and it's obviously helping him feel better!

Marco's now back in the 400's!!!! (405g) Woohooo!
That's about 30g's of added weight compared to his old one that was fluctuating around 370/375.
His body feels much better.. his spine doesn't feel like it's popping out anymore!

Also, he continues to show progress with the gluco/chondro. He's getting better and better everyday. When I took them out for free-ranging today, he actually started trotting around again! He hasn't done that in a long time...
I thought I'd share a quick video of his current mobility (too bad I didn't get a better one of him actually jogging around):
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n63 ... better.mp4

And, just for fun.. 2 quick video's to prove that Polo still isn't slowing down. Still leaps all over my room ;)
Hopping around (and yes, he gets up there the same way):
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n63 ... umping.mp4

and getting into some trouble, digging around in a tupperware cupboard.
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n63 ... pboard.mp4

Polo eating my shirt... yes..he made a hole and it was a good shirt! haha
RatsMarch2011-3.jpg

RatsMarch2011-4.jpg

His favourite sport - flying
RatsMarch2011-5.jpg

RatsMarch2011-6.jpg

RatsMarch2011-7.jpg

RatsMarch2011-1.jpg

RatsMarch2011-2.jpg

Thanks Peggy, I love them too! (of course) :heart:

I really should get more jumping shots.. he does it ALL the time.

My boys never jump lol i seen them do it a few times only, i was shocked when they did...I just didnt think boys jumped........That is an awesome picture.

Those are great..When mine is jumping it is usually pika and she is always missing so it is more of a panic than grab the camera lol

totally threw my boys dont jump out the window,

Back