Mixing Doxy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

I've always mixed a 2 wk supply with water initially, then added flavor when I give it (as not every kid likes the same flavor).
I was at the vet yesterday and she told me that the batch may not stay as stable if I mix it with water as it would if I mixed it with something sweet? Has anyone heard of this?

Well sugar is a preservative so I can understand that. I generally mix up 4-7 days worth at a time. Could you mix a couple of bottles up with different flavor strips instead? I've done that. Most rats likes liked the caramel, but some only wanted strawberry lol.

I mix doxy with 1 ml of hot water til dissolved, then add 3 or 4 ml of syrup, depending on the size of the beasties taking it. Big fat chubbers would get the more concentrated solution.

Thanks, lilspaz, I just never knew it was an issue all these years (and the Doxy always worked). Anyway, good to know, I'll mix a little sugar in when I make it up from now on.. Would honey work as well?
Just had my strangest preference, I train the kids to a tiny spoon, one of the babies wouldn't take his Immune booster no matter what tried & true thing I added, til I mixed mashed peas in it, lol

Back