mix of lab blocks?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriin

so recently i've been having trouble finding oxbow, because the store is always out or its on order or whatever. makes no difference.
so i completely ran out of it last week (i thought i had another bag in the freezer) so in desperation i picked up the hamster extrusion blocks that i've herd people tmention was ok.

so my question is what if i were to buy both and mixed them up. they like them both. i dunno if they'd pick a favourite but yeah i was just wondering if it was bad in anyway, or if i should just stick to one block? (this is excluding all the veggies and stuff they get)

Since both blocks are 'acceptable' nutrition, I don't see anything wrong with offering both. Like anyone, they will have their favorite...

Right now, I give mine a mix of HT and Oxbow. I like the idea of giving them a mix of block and let them choose which they feel like eating.

thanks guys. i can't find ht anywhere around here. so i was thinking as using the extrusion as a filler to make the oxbow last longer, especially cuz its half the price and to mix it up a bit. so i don't have an incident where i run out again. every place around suck sucks for quality rat food.
i would order online, but its just more of a hassel when i could just stop somwhere too or from work. especially cuz i work the hours things are usually delivered and there would be no one to sign for it

Back