Mites/Lice?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitLuvs

Can someone let me know what is the best thing to ask my vet for? I do believe little Shai has the bug, and would like to get him in to be treated (and the others aswell). Might be his reason for being overly agressive lately? I know the vet will hand me over something but as Ive never had to deal with this before, I'm not sure WHAT he will give me and I would like to know in advance what the options are and which is best/what works.

Thanks!

Thanks!! I heard so many different types being tossed around here, I didnt know if I would getting the wrong stuff. Its not about the money spent, but Id like to have something that works the one time so these guys can get rid of their bugs! I have to get my dogs flea treatment too. So Revolution it is!

Question, is that the same brand that you give dogs as well? We use Advantage here on the large animals, but Fates been scratching like crazy, but she has no fleas. Could my dog get these bugs as well?

Advantage is not the same drug, so don't use that, which I don't think you were going to do anyway.

Mites and Lice are species and host specific (I can never remember which is which) but either way it means that your dog will not be attractive to the wee buggies.

LOL, I use Advantage on the dog/cat but if my dog contacted the buggies, then I would be trying something different to get rid of those on her as well. I just remember hearing Revolutioin for dogs at one point, but I was always affraid to try something new when what we use was working fine ya know? Glad to know she cant get them, must be her new collar giving her the itchies.

I'll be sure to be back asking on doses though, as I am new to using this vet for rats and wouldnt want them to muck up. All 4 will be treated, just like with fleas, only treating one is no good!

Both my rats also have lice and I have had a hell of a time trying to get rid of them for a while now. What kind of revolution do you get and how much? Do I need to go to the vet to get it or can I get it at the pet store? Also, is it just a one time treatment? I've been using a spray and cleaning their cage every week or so after I spray them but it's clearly not working. Thanks!

Amanda

Back