Mite treatment

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kye

Staff member
Very quick question- is kitten revolution the best option for taking care of mites.?

Bump- I don't wanna rush but my boys are going back to the vet soon and I want them to have the best treatment

If you only have a few rats Kitten/puppy is best. If you have more you can use Cat. If you have a lot like a rescue you can use Dog but use half the dose.

Alright thank you for the information lilspaz.! Recently my boys have been getting suspicious scabs and fur loss but I can't get a picture- it's right on the scruff so a classic spot. I was planning on treating them just to be safe.!

I'm treating my guys tomorrow and the vet said I need to separate them for 24h...is that true.? I haven't read that but I figured I'd check. I don't want to rush but I need to know as soon as someone can tell me-

Last edited:
My babies are getting treated today (yay.!) I still didn't find anything about needing to separate them for 24h.? I'd rather not but if they can get sick by grooming each other then I don't want to get them sick...

Is there any chance one of my guys could get poisoned..? My mother has successfully gotten me concerned so I felt the need to check. They tend to groom each other on the neck/scruff so I'm now.. Ansy.?

I post poned the treatment because I want to make sure there isn't the slightest chance of them getting poisoned by grooming each other

No poisoning. Try to distract then with a treat for a minute or 2 if you are worried just get the dose on the skin if you can. The Selamectin absorbs through the skin into the bloodstream very fast and all that's left is the alcohol

Back