Mistakes at a new work place

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, there's a point there. My mother fears I'm going to become "a crazy rat lady." And she doesn't even know about the new babies, lol. So in terms of reactions I'd agree my family (minus the sister) is less keen on them despite the fact I moved out 4 years ago. They sure have a better impression of rats as pets than they did before I got them, and Mum even tells her friends how great they are, but she has her limits in terms of numbers. ;)

yea, i catch your drift there Bronwyn - placing personal caps on the head count around here DOES help to keep down the murmurings of crazy rat lady. ;)

i work in a call center.. soooo that means i have a case of verbal diarhea adn there is plenty of ears around... its impossible for me to not talk about my girls... or rats in general.. cause thats what is going on in my life.. nothing else except lindsay my gf... then theres the fact i just love reactions.. (i love a chalenge .. so those looks - u all know what im talking about.- i take that as a chalenge.. and those who just wont budge.. i either take it as their loss and ignorance.. depending on the situation.. if they had a good reason for not liking rats.. then fine- no problem.. .. but i cant just live with ignorant people around me without trying to shed some light.. i feel a great sense of happiness when i see in their eyes that ive possibly changed someones mind about these wonderful creatures.. even a little.. even if they dont plan on going out to get one as a pet.. thats fine,. its their decision.. but if i can at least make some people understand they arent filthy diseased creatures that will eat ur baby... like in the movies- or rumors (geeze).. a lot of people were really impressed and interested when i told them about our girls being litter trained...
and i know there is a time and place.. but i sometimes just dont care.... lol... just today a guy heard me in the lunch room talking about my girls and how willow was due any day ect.. and he came up to me super excited... "i didnt know you had rats!!!" lol he told me about his siamese dumbos and stuff. a couple of people saw my pics of my girls at my desk and were excited cause they had ratties too.. so we swap stories... its great
sooo.. i know it could offend someone ... but im not removing them unless my manager asks me too.. (which i dont think he would.. and if he did.. id have to try the education bit on him - ... ill push my limits without being totaly insubordinate..lol.. i know i shouldnt .. but i cant help myself) like as an example.. if someone asked me to take my pics of my girls down... i would say.. what about the pics of my mom/my cat?? someone could be deathy afraid of cats.. .. .. so i should take those down too right?.. and i know people who are extremely afraid of dogs, so i think people who have pics of dogs should take them down-which i know is just rediculous but...(i would need a really good reason to take the pic of my rats down other than just some ignorant comment) . i know i have a loud personality lol..but thats who i am.. and i just LOVE reactions.. lol...

Back