MissGuardian´s ratties

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The remaining duo is doing fairly okay.. They have started making more sounds since Stefan's passing, so I'm getting them x-rayed soon to be on the safe side.

They have gotten pretty cuddly lately
Cleaned their cage yearerday
87b15283.jpg

Got a bottle holder today, so the bottles can hang on the inside of the cage.. Likely changing to the smaller cage again, and the bars are too close for bottles.
c4b3b78f.jpg

Balder has made himself a pillow, and barely leave the house now :giggle: Nirvana is behind him somewhere..
b2de62ae.jpg

This is what happens when I stick my hand in their house these days..
IMAG2336.jpg

Took Nirvana and Balder to the vet to have their lungs x-rayed today. They have both been making sounds, Balder only recently. Turns out they both have tumors in their lungs :sad3:

could be pulmonary abscesses I think they show up like tumors. lilspaz or jorats will know more about those.

hopefloats said:
could be pulmonary abscesses I think they show up like tumors. lilspaz or jorats will know more about those.
Might be, but the end result is probably the same.. Specially on balder..

Got another baby for Nirvana and Balder yeaterday..
I waan't really planning on it, since I am quitting rats, but losing them soon is a lot earlier than I planned to.. He was born May 2. He does not have a name yet. He's pretty tame, already comes running when I open the door. He's grown up with kids, cats and dogs.

654cf0c4.jpg

(picture is from the ad, haven't gotten any good pics of him myself yet)

Naming suggestions are welcome.. I often have themed names, so preferably something from true blood, twilight, harry potter etc.. I'm leaning towards Riley or Renee or something like that.

Balder is getting PTS today :sad3:
Over the last week or something, his breathing has gotten a lot worse.. The last 2-3 days he´s lost a lot of his interest in being out, and has started losing weight :sad3:

I hate this part!!!! :cry4:

Oh I'm so sorry Miss Guardian :hugs:
First Stefan and now Balder :cry4: I know you are doing the right thing for him though. Stay strong and give Balder a hug from me.

Nirvana and Oliver has finally stopped grieving Balder's loss..
They cuddle a lot more together, but still argue fairly frequently too :wallbang: no injuries tho..
Oliver bit/nipped me hard a few days ago :( trying to find out why.. He does not seem aggressive at all.. I'm thinking he might have bad eyesight, because it was just that once and i *might* have caught him by surprise.. Won't neuter unless I absolutely have to, since the vet I trust charge around 500$ for a neuter :shock:

I can tell Nirvana has started to get worse too now :( still not as fast as Balder did tho..

So.. Pictures!

Headless rat!
dbfd16a2.jpg

For some reason they love the bucket with used bedding :roll:

Nirvana getting a treat after her meds
f2fda486.jpg

How I found Nirvana and Oliver today :heart:
61157088.jpg

Back