Mini-Chat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMG365

The forum now has a "mini-chat" or shoutbox! :D

You can find the new mini-chat at the bottom of the Index page. Unlike our more traditional chat room, the mini-chat updates every 10 seconds and its messages are available for all to see.

In your User Control Panel, you'll find your personal settings for the mini-chat under "mChat". Should you wish, you can even turn mini-chat off by setting the "Display mChat on Index" option to "No". (Changing your settings will not affect other members.)

Once we have a better idea how everything will work and how the new mini-chat will be received, we'll probably try to refine things a little more.

If you have any questions, please let us know! :D

Enjoy!

The mini-chat is currently set up to "announce" new topics. You'll periodically see messages like: "New Topic: Mini-Chat" to indicate that new topics have been submitted to the forum.

25iy8p1.png

Is this what some of you are seeing?
I have the same issue. I'm using chrome, maybe it has to do with the browser. Either way, it's very cool.

it is in the middle for mozilla and said I didnt have permission to post in minichat or something like that.

hopefloats said:
it is in the middle for mozilla and said I didnt have permission to post in minichat or something like that.

So far, I can't see anything preventing you from posting in the mini-chat. When did you last try to post?

I've tested the mini-chat in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and it worked fine in both browsers. I would suggest emptying your browser cache and refreshing the forum. When I refreshed my browser the first time after installing the mini-chat, it changed colour from beige to white and it's been white ever since. :D

After I refreshed my browser window, my mini-chat went from looking like the image Lilspaz posted (minus the formatting issue) to this:

mini-chat.png

Still doesn't work for me, despite multiple refreshments. :(
It must be a problem on my end now, then, or maybe it's due to chrome. I'll try at school with firefox/IE, and I'll see. :)

Back