Milton - Nov. 2010 to July 16, 2013

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Baby Milton was bought to be live snake food for a snake that was refusing her eat F/T. The owner had him in there for a couple of days when he decided he just coulnd't do it anymore and plucked the lucky baby boy out. He bought him a small cage, some seed mix and then put up an ad asking for a pet home for him. Poor Milton was a very serious baby, had no clue how to play, or even associate with other rats. I had him in with Jenny's new boys (waiting for their neuter before going home) and they finally got through to the little guy. After that it was baby Alvin (another baby snakebait) who became his Mini-me and they went through a lot of adventures together. Unfortunately Milton's super passive side became a problem and he had to leave his Alvin to join a gentler group and his purpose in life was discovered. Milton was one of those special special rats that gravitate to sad, scared or even sick rats. And he met a LOT of rats through his lovely long life with me. His health was fantastic with just a few mild URI's easily taken care of, until finally in his last days I discovered a painful tumour under his urethra and I let him go.

Baby Milton

Riding Remy (learning to play)

Alvin and Milton

Milton growing up

Milton and Alvin were introduced to sad scared Rufus, and then finally with my very old lady Spaz...she adored her boy toys and they were soooo good with her! She loved Milton most (he's cuddled up right beside her)

They stayed together a long time...until their woman left for the bridge and then Rufus joined a differnt group and found his Family while Alvin and Milton were first introduced to Crazy Chloe then 2 young boys and it worked!! At least until the baby boys grew up some, and started beating on the other older boys. :( Alvin became ill with pulmonary absceses and Milton was just too passive and took the brunt of the harrassment. Milton came out to join the Oldies, and Alvin went on to become Thomas's beloved companion.

After this I got him in with Ophelia but she was a bit too rough with him so I introduced them into a bigger group which worked for a bit :) But they were also too rough for his sensitive soul.

mar19OpheliaandMilton_zps4b87e6c0.jpg~original

So he ended up with the much younger girls and he was very content. I split this group up a little but basically he ended up with the Oldies and he was a very content boy, even in the end, cuddling up to timid, nervous Adella and teaching her to come out of her shell...he did a a great last job. :heart:

may12Milton3.jpg

They inspired him to do silly things like climb up the side of the cage...unfortunately he needed my help to get back down LOL

He was a loving soul and would climb up on me. He adored cuddling, pats, ear rubs, body massages and always gave licks in thanks for the attention. He was able to get anywhere he wanted to, weak hind end was not going to stop him! I shall miss him. :heart:

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a sweet boy Milton was you gave him a wonderful life. Rest peacefully little man. Thank you for sharing his story.

He had a rough start, but then his rattie angel looked over him and spared him and sent him on to do his good work at your place. RIP Milton, it sounds like you have earned your wings many times over. :heart:

What a lovely, sweet soul. I loved reading your memorial about Milton. He was such the caregiver to other rats...just such a beautiful boy, inside and out. I will be forever thankful for the snake guy that decided to give him a chance at a good life. Milton, you will be missed and you have so earned your place at the best VIR (Very Important Rat, of course) seats at the Bridge with lots of joy and fun for you. Play and be happy little man. :heart:

lilspaz68 said:
Riding Remy (learning to play)

BAHAHAHAHA The look on Remy's face!!! Hehehe silly boys!!!

Oh Milton, Im gonna miss that boy! He was a sweetheart.
I'm sad he is gone, but what a life he lived after such a horrible beginning! Who could ask for more?

Rest peacefully Milton :heart:

Back