Midwest critter nation crate

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delaney9940

Hi all, just got an email back from Midwest cages, this is what they said.....Their contact also said the cage would be the same size as the Ferret Nation. Merry Christmas Ratties!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hi: Thanks for e-mailing. Our Critter Nation crate will be available to our distributors and on-line by December 1st.
Yes - we should have a preview within the next couple of weeks on our website.

Critter Nation will have the same shelving, ramps and pans as the Ferret Nation.

The Ferret Nation shelves will fit the Critter Nation.

We will not sell this direct and I do not know what our internet, catalog and retail customers will use for a price. It will be more expensive than the Ferret Nation as it is more costly to manufacture."

I really have been waiting for this. How exciting. Now to see exactly how stupidly expensive it is.

:happydance: :joy: :bunnydance:

i've been waiting for this. i have some money stashed up for it alreadu but if its going to be more expensive and with the canadian dollar.... looks like i will have to go couch diving! can't wait to see it and get one of my own. the cat cage was nice but i can't wait to ditch the evil hardware cloth for a nice critter nation! :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance:

So what are the main difference between this and the FN. Is it that the bars are horizontal and bar spacing narrower?

i'm not sure if the bars are horizontal or not but it is supposed to have smaller bar spacing. so long as it has that i will be happy. it would be great for ease of decoration and hanging of toys and hammocks if it had the horizontal bar spacing but i will take a large cage without hardware cloth now please. the rat nation will actually have less levels and space then my cat cage but i won't have to deal with the evils of the mesh so i will happily sacrifice those extra levels and extra space to be free of the mesh. i just hope that its not too too much so i can get it right away. i only have $110 saved up for it so far and its christmas season so i'm going to be begging the family for one supper uber cool gift this year :praying: but i won't be able to afford to put anymore aside for it for a while. now, to stake out ferret.com :hide:

www.forhappydogs.com, will be taking orders on their website probably by next week, but they can only ship to U.S.A. addresses. The price will indeed be a bit over $200. Because the cage has a smaller bar spacing that the Ferret Nation, it uses more steel so it has to cost more. :(

Back