Messy groin

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

Brie has knawed away a lot of fur in her groin and the fur that's still there is pretty matted with what I assume to be urine given the smell and yellow colour. :( Um...what's up with that? Surely the tumour isn't causing this?

I gave her a warm bath and as I was toweling her off I noticed (as she was grooming like mad) she was able to get there just fine. :(

She may not be as diligent in her grooming as she used to be. But Nasty Wet will always be groomed off...hehe. I would just keep an eye on her and give her a hand when she needs it :)

I would just watch her and make sure shes not sitting in yuckies....because that would be an obvious cause for some pyoderma lovliness....

If she is maybe consider getting puppy pee pads and sticking them under the fleecies so it draws the urine away?

Aw Brie. :( I feel like she hates me right now because of the bath.

Ooo, I like the sounds of that! I'll ask my dad if there are any kicking around the clinic and I'll steal some. ;D

Edit: Sorry about MSN, Anne, I'm back now! : D

Nope, it's only a layer of fleece over a towel that's doubled over, and they have a litter box with Mountain Cat litter which is condensed wood pellets. I just started using the litter today so that's irrelevant I suppose, heh.

Oh, and I post this because I've noticed the Wet Nasty (lol) before, but hoped it was just a lazy day for her. It's still around obviously, only now there's fur missing particularly at the base of her tail.

Yes. :( Despite the bath this afternoon it's back and she wiped herself on my hand (thanks dear) and it smells like old urine.

Ohhh I see what you're getting at now! I don't smell an infection, no, and the skin that she's revealed under the missing fur appears to be a normal shade.

Eek! But at least it doesn't seem to be poor health perse, more old age? My poor old lady. I'm watching her carefully, I'm so concerned she'll hit the suffering stage without my knowing it.

I'm thinking you'd be smelling infection ASAP... ugh that lovely cheesy smell....

sounds like she's old and lazy to me, LOL.. maybe she'll just need to learn to love baths.

She's still not loving baths, haha! She's losing hair like wow and so looks almost naked when soaked. : x It's trippy.

I think you guys were right as some days are messier than others, and yesterday there was nothing to clean, whew! Sounds lazy to me. :D I really, really hope it's not discomfort. That tumor is still growing, slowly, but surely.

Back