Mentally challenged baby rat??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is so stinkin' cute. I felt bad for him when the big boy took his egg. He was looking for it so hard... Poor little guy!

He is so zippy I get dizzy watching him! LOL
He does seem to slow down for eating and drinking though.
I don't know about that cage for him. Don't you worry about him going MIA?

I was gonna ask the same but I figured you have another cage for him too? He's so darn cute though I wanna steal him away!!! Aw mean old big bow stole his egg too! SHARE lol :D

lol i know! his dad is such a fatty <3 lol i gave taz another piece though so he was happy again. and yes i am in the process of getting a habittrail set for him, but in the mean time i dont mind if he gets out and runs around my room for a bit (i have the door blocked off and i tried to make it as safe as possible for him in case he does escape for a bit). not the best idea right now i know, but i dont want to seclude him in a small cage (since my other one is not big enough for his dad and also doesnt have much space for him to run around in) and i should be getting the habbittrail in the next couple of days.

nevermind, not getting a habitrail (i was offered one from my friend but i just seen pics and i dont think they are suitable for rats). doesnt look like appropriate air circulation even if little taz could fit in it! but either way i am getting another cage with smaller bars!

You could get mesh to reduce the bar size of the cage he's staying in with his old man maybe? A quick substitue or fix for that issue (but it doesn't sound like you have an issue right now if you feel he's safe in your room) hope you find that cage!

Little Tazzy passed away yesterday :( absolutely heartbroken. He hadnt grown at all and his dad was playing too rough with him so i put him in his own cage. i was also afraid that his dad was going to accidentally suffocate him by laying on top of him or something. despite this precaution he passed away a few weeks later and now i wish i left him with his dad so he wasnt alone in his last moments:( im never going to find another friend like my taz-man :( i already miss him cuddling up to me and sleeping in my shirt! Im not sure what the exact cause of his death was, perhaps he did have hydro too? Either way life just isnt the same anymore.

spazzytazzy said:
Little Tazzy passed away yesterday :( absolutely heartbroken. He hadnt grown at all and his dad was playing too rough with him so i put him in his own cage. i was also afraid that his dad was going to accidentally suffocate him by laying on top of him or something. despite this precaution he passed away a few weeks later and now i wish i left him with his dad so he wasnt alone in his last moments:( im never going to find another friend like my taz-man :( i already miss him cuddling up to me and sleeping in my shirt! Im not sure what the exact cause of his death was, perhaps he did have hydro too? Either way life just isnt the same anymore.

I am so very very sorry you lost your special little baby. :sad3:

thank you everyone it means a lot <3 it's nice when people understand how much these guys really mean to us and how life changing they are

:cry4: :cry4: :cry4: I cried so hard hearing this...I'm heart broken as much as you, he was sucha special sweet cute boy, life just sometimes isn't fair, he had so much of it...but I think he lived to the fullest he could with you from seeing all those happy vids of him, I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

We think there are answers to everything... why Taz was as he was and why he left too soon.
The miraculous forensics of TV make us thinks everything is understandable. Not so, there are so many human deaths that remain uncertain...and a vet will always venture a guess - and who will dispute it?
Sometimes angels come & go on their own schedule. We can only be grateful to have been blessed with one for a time.
I'm so sorry for your heartloss.

I am so sorry to hear your baby has his wings now. He was only here for a short while, but touched a lot of hearts. RIP baby boy...
:heart:

Back