Meet Roxi the German Shepherd Puppy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

Meet Roxi! February 12th was my bday and when my hubby got me a puppy! I never thought I'd own a German Shepherd but he said he wanted one because he's had them in the past. Since I don't work and I'm home alone all day there couldn't of been a better time to get a puppy.

We found her on craigslist. A couple purchased her from a breeder even though they weren't allowed to have pets at their apartment complex and four days later they were told they had to get rid of her.

She is the greatest dog ever! I can't believe how smart she is and is doing so well with the training I am doing with her at home. She is fully housetrained, loves her crate and knows she's gorgeous. She is a bit of a drama queen. She is starting to realize her bark gets attention and uses it to her advantage, lol. We start training this Thursday at PetSmart. She will be 19 weeks this Friday and weighs 31.5lbslbs (she lost some weight because she was sick for a few days - someone left chocolate on the floor, big no-no). We were told she will be about 85lbs when she is an adult. We have a dog park here so we get to go twice a day and play with all the doggies. It's so much fun!

13 weeks - First day we had her
We have a bit more furniture now, lol
[youtube:ho1ymvug]GGRxfxul-yE[/youtube:ho1ymvug]

n511453449_1514063_8278.jpg

n511453449_1514064_8554.jpg

My hubby and Roxi. You can see how small she was here.
n511453449_1533121_1580.jpg

18 weeks - I took this pic a few days ago
n511453449_1685535_4235604.jpg

n511453449_1685537_338201.jpg

n511453449_1685538_2895564.jpg

I love GSDs... they are so intelligent, strong and beautiful. She's such a sweet girl, love her name too.

So... in the video, I want to know what the big announcement is? :giggle:

jorats said:
I forgot about that part :lol: My uncle who I have never spoke with called me out of the blue to wish me well for getting married and invited me to go see them when I am able to travel back to Canada.

Melissa said:
jorats said:
I forgot about that part :lol: My uncle who I have never spoke with called me out of the blue to wish me well for getting married and invited me to go see them when I am able to travel back to Canada.

Aww... that was so very nice of him. :joy:

PetSmart has low standards for their trainers, which makes me really skeptical of any trainer working there. And, being ex-military, I'd be worried about him being a heavy handed trainer who uses less positive training methods. I've not seen much good come out of PetSmart training, but hopefully this guy is good and only works for PetSmart because of some weird personal reason.

I'd still recommend moving to another training facility for her further training, though. GSDs need to be challenged and PetSmart will not do that for Roxi.

We are just doing beginner training to get her used to the regular commands. I was looking into another trainer that costs a lot more but Micah said no. :( It seems everyone here I know has a "I can do it myself" attitude. When he is deployed he can't say no though, mwahahaha. ;) Just kidding, but I will be looking into something more serious later.

Moon said:
PetSmart has low standards for their trainers, which makes me really skeptical of any trainer working there. And, being ex-military, I'd be worried about him being a heavy handed trainer who uses less positive training methods. I've not seen much good come out of PetSmart training, but hopefully this guy is good and only works for PetSmart because of some weird personal reason.

I'd still recommend moving to another training facility for her further training, though. GSDs need to be challenged and PetSmart will not do that for Roxi.

Good thing I don't work for Petsmart anymore or I would be offended. I was a pet trainer.

Ratlover101 said:
She has HUGE ears!!!!
:lol: She'll grow into them

Today I have discovered she loves water. We were at the dog park and she put her two feet into the tupperware water bowl. She then tried to dig. Then she dove her face in, biting at the water, ran around the park, came back a few times and did that until she knocked it over. She did however, the other day, unexpectedly jump into the pond. Every time we walk by, she tries to run into it. :laugh4:

eagle said:
Moon said:

Good thing I don't work for Petsmart anymore or I would be offended. I was a pet trainer.

Ahh, I'm sorry Eagle. I'm sure there are good trainers at Petsmart, but I don't believe that the way they qualify and train trainers is enough to guarantee that you're getting a good one.

Back