Meet Nattie and Maggie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randomrat

I gotses two more ratsies! *Ahem* I mean I got two more rats! =D

Okay I was at PJ Pets and of course I looked at the rats and heck even my Mom fell in love. But I figured no...if I get anymore I want to rescue them but wouldn't you know one little girl comes running to the front of the tank and follows me as I walk by. I left and she ran back to her sisters and when I came back she was at the front of the glass. I had heard too many stories of people finding their heart rat this way. So after staring at them and a little reassuring I had convinced my mom to let me get her. So the employee grabs this tiny sad little cardboard box that was 4" by 4" by 6" to sue as a carry case. Then when I was at the front counter my Mom figured I should get another one so I went back and the employee got me a much bigger box and I picked out this other little cutie. The first girl is a PEW double rex dumbo and the other girl is a black hooded standerd hair top ear. They are soooo tiny to!! They must only be about 4 weeks old. Which means as long as intros go well (after Quarantine time) then I will have to put the mesh back on the cage. >.< Ok I babbled on long enough... pics!

Maggie:
DSCF2070.jpg

DSCF2079.jpg

DSCF2081.jpg
(that is a 6.5" silent spinner)
DSCF2088.jpg

Nattie:
DSCF2072.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

DSCF2084.jpg

Thank you C= I didn't realize how small they really were until I held them. They are so wittle.
During playtime Maggie cuddled, kissed and groomed while I pet and held her. C= Nattie on the other hand was so nervous and didn't like being held. *sigh* It just means a little more work. Any suggestions for nervous rats?

Oh how gorgeous!! They're diddy!!! With nervous rats I tend to figure that they need time to get used to their home, and used to you. Flute was very nervous when I got her, and I used to talk and chat everytime i passed the cage to get her used to the sound of me, and a good thing is to hang your hand in the cage and let her come to you... don't pick her up or she will start associating your hand with being grabbed... but to start with, maybe for everytime you pick her up, just do this twice, let her sniff you and maybe stroke her, but dont pick her up everytime she see's your hand until she's a bit less nervous.... May help! I'm no expert, but it's common sense... she needs to link your hand to gentle strokes and niceness at first aswell as being picked up and handled... :D

Thank you C=

Starfoot: Thankyou for the great advice! Nattie is coming along bautifully. She has sat on my hand and after a few test nibbles she bagan to groom me. She is scared of noises though. Like I can't talk to her at all or else she stays hidden the entire time. :/ I will just have to work on that... But thank you!

Randomrat said:
Thank you C=

Starfoot: Thankyou for the great advice! Nattie is coming along bautifully. She has sat on my hand and after a few test nibbles she bagan to groom me. She is scared of noises though. Like I can't talk to her at all or else she stays hidden the entire time. :/ I will just have to work on that... But thank you!

Ooh goodie!! Keep going!... Keep talking to her even if she is scared... even just a little hello sweetie until she gets used to your voice... ahhh I love fuzzlets!! So innocent! x

Back