Meet MoJo!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bamboo said:
henry's_mum said:
I placed a shirt in Mojo's tank and he was actually snuggling it lastnight...
<3 so CUTE!
Yeah, you could give him a fleece blankie, if you want. A lot of people don't think of it with reptiles but they usually love blankets, pillows and soft things (all you need to ensure is that there are no frayed ends, etc, that claws or limbs could get caught in, same as with rats. I always use fleece but something like felt would work too.)

This is one of my beardie rescues and, at first, he had no idea what was up with the fleece I put in his tank (He actually kicked it out of his cave the first night) I assume he'd never seen anything like it before in his life. However, within a day or two, he realized how comfy it is. Ever since, snuggling with his blankie has become a mild obsession lol.

SundayApril242011097-1.jpg

OMG! that's friggin CUTE!!!
I nominate it for PROM!

I find them to be really interesting...I would LOVE to have frogs too!!!
but then I tend to prefer animals I can pet and interact to a certain level with...
so maybe sticking to dogs and rats is a better idea...lol

in the meantime, I will enjoy your post of the handsome man!

Wow! He's has some great colouring! (And I love how the last pic really caught his eye colour!) He looks like he's doing really well :thumbup:

My only suggestion would be to get rid of the sand, just because of the risk of impaction. Other then that, it looks like he has a great home with lots of things to climb on...perfect for a baby beardie!
kscanuck785 said:
I find them to be really interesting...I would LOVE to have frogs too!!!
but then I tend to prefer animals I can pet and interact to a certain level with...
so maybe sticking to dogs and rats is a better idea...lol

in the meantime, I will enjoy your post of the handsome man!
Beardies are actually very interactive. They're always watching to see what's going on around them and will often learn to beg when they want to come out. They enjoy running around and exploring and falling asleep with their people afterwards. My mother (who is not really a pet person) was actually won over by my beardies back when I was at home. She thought it was weird that they would stare at her whenever she came in my room but, after a day or two, I actually caught her opening their cages and petting their backs (and my mother is the kind of person who, whenever I would open a cage, would squeal "OMG wait til I leave! They're going to run out and bite me and escape and I'm going to find later in my bed, etc!" so the fact that she actually was opening the tanks on her own was a big deal lol)

[offtopic:2xyr2p0z]Frogs, not so much...in general anyway. White&#39;s Tree Frogs (Litoria caerulea) typically enjoy hanging out with people. They&#39;re pretty laid back so, while they don&#39;t seem to do much, you don&#39;t need to worry about them launching themselves at you as soon as you open the tank (though they do get quite active when food is around but that&#39;s about it) They&#39;re great frogs! And they are quite pretty too IMO, not too mention dirt cheap and readily available (and there&#39;s the added bonus that, as an Australian species, they&#39;re all but guaranteed to be captive bred rather then harvested from the wild)

But if there&#39;s a frog species that you have a particular fondness for, don&#39;t count them out! It may seem like they don&#39;t do a whole lot but they are always watching and learning about you. Eventually, even many of the more "flighty" species will bond with people...it just takes a little longer. But they&#39;ve got plenty of time (average lifespan ranges from 15-20 years) to hold off and see if you&#39;re going to stick around and make the effort with them. On of my biggest sucks is a Cuban Tree Frog (osteopilus septentrionalis) who was found in a wal-mart, so was almost certainly wild and accidently smuggled from South America on the live plants. She all but ignored me for the first year I had her but over time has become extremely bonded to me. She jumps to the tank door whenever I come in the room (even if she had been asleep) and loves her "belly rubs" through the glass lol![/offtopic:2xyr2p0z]

My BIL's beardie is very interactive. He and my MIL carry Phillipe around, watch tv on the couch, and take him outside to sun in his mesh cage thing.

henry's_mum said:
Bamboo said:
[quote="henry's_mum":2xqay4p3]I placed a shirt in Mojo's tank and he was actually snuggling it lastnight...
<3 so CUTE!
Yeah, you could give him a fleece blankie, if you want. A lot of people don't think of it with reptiles but they usually love blankets, pillows and soft things (all you need to ensure is that there are no frayed ends, etc, that claws or limbs could get caught in, same as with rats. I always use fleece but something like felt would work too.)

This is one of my beardie rescues and, at first, he had no idea what was up with the fleece I put in his tank (He actually kicked it out of his cave the first night) I assume he'd never seen anything like it before in his life. However, within a day or two, he realized how comfy it is. Ever since, snuggling with his blankie has become a mild obsession lol.

SundayApril242011097-1.jpg

OMG! that's friggin CUTE!!!
I nominate it for PROM![/quote:2xqay4p3]

Oh yeah, I second the heck out of that

see this is what i'm striving for...
he did kind of volunteer to go in my hand and in hubby's hand while in his tank the past cpl of days tho! PROGRESS! YAY!
LOL
He also was caught sleeping, all snuggled in his blankie, inside his cave last night when I was walking aimlessly through the house at 4am because my body hates me....
:emb:
It was adorable, and i've got a cpl pics, yes I was taking poics of him sleeping at 4am too, i'll post in a while!

Back