Meet Max

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lina

Last week a friend asked if I wanted another rat. He didn't know a thing about it only that it belonged to someone who couldn't have it and it was given to his brother who didn't want it and he heard I had rats and asked his brother to see if I would have it. My friend didn't even know if it was male or female. I am a sucker and said yes. His brother lives 18 kms away and doesn't drive but at 3.15 my friend arrived at my work and said the rat was at his place just down the road and had gotten out of the cage and was in the bag that the cage was in and no one was brave enough to pick it up. His brother had put the cage in a canvas bag and biked here. I finished work in a hour and spent the whole hour wishing I could leave and rescue the poor thing. I went round and the bag was outside with my friend waiting for me, I carefully opened the bag and saw a wee nose poking out from the sheet that was around the cage and hoping it wouldn't bite me I pick it up. He was cute, Yes its a boy. I had to rush cause I had to have the cat to the vet in the next half hour so I put him back into the mouse cage and went home. He was out of the cage again by the time I got home so I quickly put him into my travel/mouse cage while I went to the vet with the cat.

DSCF7664.jpg

this the cage he has been living in. His water had leaked of course and the seed was all over the floor and it was taped all over so it wouldn't fall to bits in the travel but it did anyway. this is a cool mouse cage.

Here is Max. I think he is about 3 mths old and onto his third home already :( but it will be his last home. He is here for good. :D
I thought he was a bit older at first till I saw him with the others but he is smaller than them, I weight him and he is only 213g. I think he is fawn, he has pretty ruby eyes. He is a sweetie and knows down my top is the best place to be :lol:
DSCF7668.jpg

DSCF7667.jpg

He has only been here four hours, I got the other boys out and they gave him sniff so instead of waiting till Wednesday when the cage gets the weekly clean he is already in with the others and there doesn't seem to be any problems, I have such nice boys :heart: .

with Henry
DSCF7666.jpg

with Cole in the box fort
DSCF7670.jpg

If Max had been a girl, I think I would have got her speyed and she could have lived with the boys, that would have been fun :lol:

What terrible conditions for such a lovely boy to be living in. I must say, I am happy Max has finally got the forever home that he deserves.

Take care :)

EDIT: You can attatch Max to your signiture.. trust me to notice these things, lol :lol:

Squeak said:
EDIT: You can attatch Max to your signiture.. trust me to notice these things, lol :lol:

Done :D

Oh and I called him Max. I don't know if he had a name but he needed a new one.

Some people might call you a sucker, but I'll call you an angel!!!!
He is super sweet and you rescued him from that horrid little home.
You have the most amazing loving ratties... how lucky for you and for them to accept Max like that. :heart:

Oh yay! He is in good hands now. He's a very handsome man, as well. What a pretty caramel color. :D He looks at home with your guys.

I had that cage before at an attachment for my hamsters, it is WAY small. 0.0

What a great person you are to save that guy he is so handsome.

Look at the awful cage, you know people should really step back and think "would I want to live in this." But for some people the answer might be "Yes". Thank goodness for angels like you.

One day for an intro, you are so LUCKY. My girls would not have it and be all over him.

He's a beautiful little guy! :heart: I'm so glad you are a "sucker" (Join the club!! Well, you already have :lol: ). What a nice way to heal your heart after losing Zeke.

He is a cutie and just what I needed after Zeke going.

He is so small. Henry and Harry were my little guys but now they look big :)

I found them all sleeping together in the round house this morning. He is a bit quiet but he has had a lot happen to him in the 24 hours. I put their breakfast in the cage and he waited a while before he came out while the others stuffed their faces :roll: he then had a lick on the side of the bowl and he decided it tasted good and he was lapping it up. I don't think its going to be long before he comes running for breakfast with the others :)

What an adorable boy! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: for rescuing him :heart:
This cage is too small for ANY creature. I can't believe these cages are still being sold.

Back