Meet Edward, Bella and Phoenyx. 4 wk old Babies. Plus 1, PICS OVERLOAD

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyKritterz

So today I went to vets to sex and pick up babys from my friend her rescued Siameses each had a litter. I've been helping her since Sunday. I now have Phoenyx-Blue Blazed Varigated and Edward a Blazed Capped. Also Bella a Blue Dumbo Berkshire. Twilight Theme this time. I Also took 1 foster the last Blue Male. I have someone interested in him so going through adoption Process. I call him Jasper. He is a Berkshire too. Tomorrow Im going back and may get another girl Foster to keep Bella company a while until she intros to Skye ans Saphyra.. So I got them home and cleaned up they were so dirty. She said the contantly were rolling in the food and under the waterbottle. So now that we are cleaned. 1st Baths went well. We are having 1st snuggle time with Mom.

So Enjoy the Cuteness overload, sorry some are sideways. Not that way when upload them.

2zywi9x.jpg

33ufkvk.jpg

4l5zc5.jpg

35hql41.jpg

2iqy6mx.jpg

wjuszt.jpg

x4jebq.jpg

dnzvx0.jpg

24e9d3q.jpg

2ro5jkp.jpg

5ocolv.jpg

dq4uhw.jpg

2utng9s.jpg

Last edited:
They are beyond adorable. Love the markings and the colours.

I am curious though as to why they were taken away from mom at 4 weeks old?

They are beyond adorable. Love the markings and the colours.

I am curious though as to why they were taken away from mom at 4 weeks old?

My Friend (Michelle) she adopted 2 females both Himalayan or Siamese. They were Pregnant both from Petco. 1 had babies on 5/20/14 that's these guys. The other female she though was safe until a week later on 5/28/14 she also had babies. Her landlord has a limit on pets she's only allowed 2. (No dogs). And she is allergic to cats so she got rats. She's been hiding the moms and babies. I told her When ready I would take the Babies she hadn't found homes for. Well I got a call from her last week. He found them while fixing some electrical thing, box was in her closet...same as rats. He called her at work and told her if she didn't get rid of all but 2 rats as agreed upon by today 6/18/14 then She was evicted. No 2nd chances.... He gave her the week because He came today to fix the rest of the wiring.....so she kept them as long as possible. I got the last 3 too. I stayed in a hotel since Sunday to help her out, because she isn't t close to me.... But I returned home today...she lives 5 hrs away so there was no way I could keep them all with moms until they were 5 weeks.....One trip cost me enough. She thought the girls were going together and lady backed out, the boy is going to a girl that already has a male but cannot get him til next week. So I'm holding him. I'm supplimenting the babies for Now. They are eating and drinking on there own and momma wasn't nursing them much anymore anyway she said. They would pull away when the tried to nurse. Its either that or...I mean she cannot loose her house....

Last edited:
That is such a sad story :( some people have no compassion. Its great they have good homes! And they really are adorable :)

So as explained above I got 3 more babies. Another Brother and Sister From the 5/20 Litter and 1 lone Girly from the 5/28 litter. That litter was small only 5....2 boys and 3 girls and she had rehomed the others in same sex pairs, so she was alone. Good news is 2 girls went to a Vet tech student at Cornell for pets. The other 2 went to a Educational Program that travels around doing educational shows. They went with a Foster Momma Rat, but could only take 2, and they got the boys, being neutered for the program.

So here are Emmett, Twilight and Arizona or (Ari for short)
Emmett is a mismarked Bareback and Twilight is a Blue variegated with a head spot and Ari is a Himalayan or Siamese I think, with possible Tan markings, unsure yet she needs a bath. photos ASAP

I agree NeeNee, I wish he would have given her til like end of month at least, then the would have been older, yeah he's not really a nice man, she said He's always grumpy and alone....its sad really.

And to force her into a bigger frenzy of trying to find decent homes...sin. But it seems like its all working out well :)

I am truly sorry about the complete lack of compassion in that guy...he has bad karma coming to him. I am so glad though, that things seem be going well for the babies now and BOY are they cutie pies! Cuteness overload is right!! Just adorable!! :eek:mg:

So here are Emmett, Twilight and Arizona or (Ari for short)
Emmett is a mismarked Bareback and Twilight is a Blue variegated with a head spot and Ari is a Himalayan or Siamese I think, with possible Tan markings its hard to tell

Twilight- 3 Weeks old.
2466oo6.jpg

Ari (Arizona)- 4 weeks old, Shes not a PEW (kinda a Creamy color right now) Her mom was Himalayan so I think she is gonna darken a bit
2rgjigw.jpg

fllq0z.jpg

Emmet- 4 Weeks old
2agm4ol.jpg

Here's Bella- Starting to calm down but so not laid back like Her Brothers
fyg32g.jpg

Here's Edward w/ Phoenyx Behind him, Then 3 pics of both boys and 1 of Edward alone
1fze4i.jpg
[/SIZE]
33vygx0.jpg

ndv7ti.jpg

29gdfg2.jpg

atp478.jpg

Your babies are, of course, adorable. :)
If they have a blaze like that, does it put them at a higher risk for megacolon? I have that in my mind, but I'm not sure if it's correct.

So updates on the Fosters. Edward, Phoenyx, Bella are staying with me. Twilight (light Beige/Himalayan) is up for adoption, one of the Blue & white Varigated girls (There is 2 of them now) will be up for adoption, Blue &white mismarked bareback male is up for adoption. Also today I went to meet my friend whete the babys all orginally came from, she had rehomed a few before I got the rest of the fosters and 2 were returned ro her. 1 boy solid Black male and 1 of the Blue and White Varigated femals with headspot. So now 2 boys and 2 girls available. Here are there Photos the Black Boy is Jake (Jacob) and the Female is Saphyra after my girl that passed. (She's the only one with a name based from the Twilight Series. Oh yes and Good news is Jasper the Blue Berkshire has been adopted!!!!!
14tomz6.jpg

2nrd5yq.jpg

Back