Meet Braden, My Guineapig Boy :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Formerly Brad, he was 2 years old, had lost his cagemate last month, and was losing his owner this month as she was moving. I answered his ad because of his age, but he also was a tailless boy, who should said had a lot of hairloss and scabs on his rump...Uhoh.

So I met her on Monday evening, and picked up Braden, who seemed hyper in the car, but once I got him home he was a bit subdued and looking for reassurance from me.

He's a black berk, who looks like he was born with the spontaneous mutation of being tailless. His anus is just a little hole and he's got these funny pointy testicles sticking out the back. He was covered in lice nits and some live lice, but he has a lot of fur loss, his coat is very harsh and rusted...so we have some work getting his condition back to Good.

He's great with other rats, confident, but ignores them...all he wants to do is RUN. :) He's very shy but he's processing and will come around to me being the person who lets him RUN soon enough :D

He hops and from behind he looks like a guineapig since his hind feet/pelvis are different and much wider than normal.

Mar%2016%2015%20Braden.jpg~original

Mar%2016%2015%20Braden%208.jpg~original

Mar%2016%2015%20Braden%203.jpg~original

Mar%2016%2015%20Braden%209.jpg~original

Mar%2016%2015%20Braden%207.jpg~original

Mar%2016%2015%20Braden%204.jpg~original

Mar%2016%2015%20Braden%202.jpg~original

Ah, bless his heart. You take some cracking pictures of your rats by the way. I love that he loves to RUN :) Sweet little spirit. He's adorable, I look forward to hearing about his inevitable progress in all areas of his new lovely life!

G'awh, he looks like a sweet one :) his little butt looks like a Syrian hamster to me. Lucky guy to have been scooped up by you! Can't wait to see how he improves :)

Oh my goodness, he has a funny little butt, doesn't he. LOL
Poor little man will feel so good once that Revolution kicks in! Do you normally give them a bath if their skin is bad?

So I noticed last night that Braden has like a scurf issue on his back end and around his bits. I also realized that he may not be able to bend around to groom that area if his spine/pelvis are deformed...he's very short coupled and I haven't seen him groom much. So I might be bathing the poor lad and brushing him with a toothbrush :)

Back