Maya has bid me farewell.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MumsyRat

I woke up this morning to discover my poor little rescue dog Maya had died during the night. :cry:

Some of you may know that I adopted her from the Toronto Humane Society early in September. She was a little 1/2 pitbull who had been there for almost a year. When I got her home I discovered she was very sick with various infections and severe mental health issues. We've been back and forth to the vet trying to figure out how to help this poor unhappy dog. Just this Friday I was there and my vet told me that she though Maya may have a brain tumour.

I could never really tell if she was happy here with me or not, I hope so. But in any case I'm glad she died here and not in that horrible shelter, all alone in a cold cement cage.

Go and find my Sophie Maya. She'll watch over you until we meet again.

I am so very sorry Elizabeth. I am sure she was much happier home with you, being loved on, and cared for rather than the THS.

You tried very hard with this girl, even though you were lied to and received a dog with soo many issues. Not her fault you said, going to do my best! And you did. ((hugs))

I am very sorry Elizabeth that you have lost Maya. She was one lucky dog to have someone like you who triedyour hardest to give her everything in life that she deserves. My condolences to you and your family. Take Care.

I am so sorry for you loss. :cry: What a beautiful girly she was. I have a female pit with severe OCD and self mutilation problems, so I know how it is to try so hard to solve their problems. But you can guarantee that she was happier with you than she ever would have been at that shelter.

I'm so sorry. It sounds like poor little Maya didn't have an easy time of it here with her health issues and a year in a shelter and who only knows what came before.. I'm sure she was very happy with you, maybe just a little afraid to show it cause she expected it all to be taken away...
But she did find her forever person on earth in you. And anything you couldn't fix is fixed for her now in heaven.
I'm sure she's smiling down on you saying "Thankyou Mommy".

Back