Mattie ?? to 12/25/07

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

At 4:53 pm on Christmas Day our lovely Mattie left us peacefully. I went up to check on her and when I pulled her out of her cage she bruxxed for a few seconds then went on to open mouth gasping. I held her and kissed her and told her to go with love. She is the first rat of mine that I was actually with during her passing. It was sad, but peaceful and very quiet as well. I believe she waited for me, and then felt like she could leave. Such a sweet considerate girl. I hope she has met up with her old cagemate and is telling her all about her too short stay in my home. :(

Mattie1.jpg

Mattie2.jpg

Mattie3.jpg

Then the stroke...
MattieDec16.jpg

MattiethebraveDec18eve.jpg

thefoodgoesin.jpg

Mattieinregression2Dec22.jpg

New friends
MattieandDolcimyoldsickies.jpg

Mattieinthenewcage.jpg

A sweet trusting girl...
Mattiebathtime2.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:

bruxxy said:

((hugs))

It was a good death, bruxxy...it was her time. Don't be too upset as hard as that is. She just stopped, there was no pain, no real awareness at the end, I watched her little quivers (final nerve impulses), stop breathing, her heart fibrillated and that was it.

Wow. I hope this doesn't sound too weird, but I cried while reading this, and seeing those pictures. She seemed like such a lovely little girl.

R.I.P. :cry:

Not weird at all, I think there may be some tears in some eyes. She went through quite a saga in Rat Health with a lot of people following her updates.

I have cried for other's rat memorials too :)

I'm so sorry for the passing of your sweet girl but it's good that she passed peacefully and knowing that she was loved :roseopen:

Sweet Mattie has finally left... that girl sure fought the good fight.
Be free sweetie and play hard with your buddy at the bridge.

I cried too when I read this. :cry: You were so good to Mattie, Shelagh! Now sweet Mattie is a Christmas angel watching over you. :angel: :redbud:

I am so sorry Shelagh to hear about Mattie. I have followed this story for quite a while and I do beieve that she was ready to go to the bridge. With her she has taken all the loving memories of her mommy and cagemates who tried to help her live life to the fulliest. She is now done fighting and living a new life of no pain.

Ann

lilspaz68 said:
At 4:53 pm on Christmas Day our lovely Mattie left us peacefully. I went up to check on her and when I pulled her out of her cage she bruxxed for a few seconds then went on to open mouth gasping. I held her and kissed her and told her to go with love. She is the first rat of mine that I was actually with during her passing. It was sad, but peaceful and very quiet as well. I believe she waited for me, and then felt like she could leave. Such a sweet considerate girl. I hope she has met up with her old cagemate and is telling her all about her too short stay in my home. :(

Mattie1.jpg

Mattie2.jpg

Mattie3.jpg

Then the stroke...
MattieDec16.jpg

MattiethebraveDec18eve.jpg

thefoodgoesin.jpg

Mattieinregression2Dec22.jpg

New friends
MattieandDolcimyoldsickies.jpg

Mattieinthenewcage.jpg

A sweet trusting girl...
Mattiebathtime2.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Within the warmth of Christmas cheer
her mother by her side
A cherished angel has no fear
when taken by the tide

The memories she's left behind
leave feelings pink and blue
but through the mourning grows the joy
she felt through loving you

To pass within the tender touch
of one so very dear
Do not mistake the meaning found
behind her tiny tear

She knows for where she's headed
beyond the pale blue
and on her cloud with warming light
her soul will wait for you. :rose:

:love6:{{{{{Shelagh}}}}}:love6:

Awww, Mattie :cry: She fought the good fight with grace & dignity. And touched a lot of people (damn, now I'm crying too) And you fought for her too and I'm sure she knew that. The last picture stirs my heart, it's beyond too-cute, and shows how safe & loved she knew she was.
She was such a beautiful lady.
I'm sorry for you. But so happy you were able to be with her while she slipped away, and she certainly deserved the comfortable cross-over she had, thank goodness for you both.
I'll be she's popcorning up there now that she has her agility back, and sending love & thanks to her mom.

Back