Matthew's testicles have bluish tint!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RESULTS: basically in a nut shell, it would be a neuter & a removal of any growth seen, IF it can be removed w/o the chance of him dying on the table.
For example, if connected to the colon, dr says too risky.

So here we sit. Simple neuter is $190, but rarely is it simple w/ my boys.
The blue had faded, actually quite a bit, so we lean towards "something" was bleeding. But why is thre still some blue left? No one knows. I will take a pic later & post to see what you think......

Very odd. Any way to test for bleeding issues before surgery in case he now bleeds longer than normal?

Actually there is a test for that. Of course rats have to be sedated before blood can be drawn. I am taking a couple of days to process all that he told me. He could not perform very much today anyway, as Saturdays are very busy I I was a " work in " appointment. My mattie has such a sweet "old soul" within him. His mother was very much like him. He has changed a lot since he lost his brother, he does things he has never done before, just little things I notice, but is now adapting well. He always gets special time with me.

First pic taken June 6, the other today June 21.
To me testicle swelling is gone, And really the only blue to speak of is around his butt hole:oops:

Looks much better. My nakie boys both have a 'birthmark' like spot on the ends of their gonads, near their bum. Its a blackish purple colour, but obviously pigment not bruising. Your boy has awfully large nads and a neuter can't hurt to prevent future issues in that department

Wow, from the resolution of the swelling and colour, it is looking more and more like he had some kind of trauma or bleeding. A tumour won't go away like that.

Wow, from the resolution of the swelling and colour, it is looking more and more like he had some kind of trauma or bleeding. A tumour won't go away like that.

Yeah - something was definately bleeding but apparently has stopped.
We will be getting a neuter & vet will be able to see what exactly is going on - I hope! Bleeding under the skin appears as bruising I believe.

How is Matthew doing? Would of asked sooner, but I'm having one of the worst weeks of my life as I help my son get through the death of his father.

Back