Mary Jane

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

I just can't believe I am writing this... I had years and years left with my bubby... And he was taken from me. I found my sweet boy cold in his cage when I returned from work today. Nothing too obvious, just... gone.

I got MJ around this time last year... As an itty bitty baby. He was the last left-over Easter bunny, given to me from a crappy petstore because they couldn't sell him. I thought he was a girl... Hence his name, Mary Jane. He was such a sweet, trusting, adorable baby. He made the move with us to Iowa, and I got him a husbunn, Breakfast... And that's when we learned Mary Jane was not a SHE, but a HE! Mary Jane got a little moody with age... But he was still my special fuzzy boy. He LOVED his nightly salads and his romps around the house. He loved the dogs. When he was at his pen he would just stare at me evilly... Waiting to punish me for putting him in a cage for the night! How silly I was, to treat him like that, he thought. He was a quiet soul and I wish I had had more time with him. He was my first rabbit getting back into rabbits from a long hiatus... He was very special to me and I miss him dearly. I'm so sorry Bubby. I love you, and I'll see you again one day. Don't forget to remember me.

My little tiny baby bunn
IMG_4226.jpg

aa.jpg

IMG_4943.jpg

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

He loved to frolic...
IMG_9632.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

Oh nooo! I always loved seeing pictures and hearing about Mary Jane!
She's so beautiful, and I'm terribly sorry for your loss!
Sometimes they're just so good at hiding whatever may be wrong
May she frolic freely at the bridge.

Oh Cait I am so sorry. I am shocked. I thought Bunny's had a much longer life span. I had a Bunny once when I first moved out on my own and he was 7 when he died .....

My condolances for your loss. =(
I know how hard losing a beloved bet can be; my Tyson had to leave us about 2 1/2 months ago and it broke my heart. I'm happy that you have Breakfast there with you in this difficult time, and I'm sure she can offer you some wonderful cuddles right now, and she probably needs it almost as much as you do. I hope you pull through this tough time together.

Back