Martins Cages

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Emily Yelton

(I know I asked about cages before but just wanted a separate one!)

So I was looking into martin’s cages for my girls. The two i thought would fit into my budget would be the rat skyscraper and the rat tower.

Anyone have experience with these cages? Are they easy to clean? Assemble? Do the rats chew on the plastic pans? Are the levels flimsy?

The base of the rat tower is way too small - I had one but only used it as a temporary cage because it was way too small. It would be a waste of your money to buy this cage.

The rat skyscraper is a good cage but it needs to be powder coated because galvanised cages rust.
It should come with large doors (verify that if you order)
The levels are not flimsy, but do need to be covered
It comes with c-rings to put it together but use 100s of small zip ties instead because the c-rings will rust.
I did not find the cage difficult to assemble
The cage sits in the plastic pan so rats can not chew it

With the large doors (and I also got the flip top lid) I found it ok to clean .... I wiped down the solu=id levels and washed the bottom pan in the bath tub

I ordered my martins cages in 2004 through 2006, so it has been awhile

I know that Jorats and her family also have experience with martins cages - most people here in Canada don't because it is very expensive to ship cages over the border

Below is a picture of 2 martins rat skyscraper cages I once had attached together ...... I covered the wire levels and put a corner litter box on the balconies - the rats enjoyed sitting in them

2 attached martns cages.jpg

Back