Marking of territory..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiley506

Hey, so my lil guy Hank is almost four months old, hes never been nippy, or aggressive. But he wont stop peeing on my husband, im pretty sure he does it on purpose because he will walk up onto his shoulder and pretty much squat and take a pee and walk away..anytime he holds him he'll pee at least once :? ..he never pees on me ever! Is this normal?..and will he ever stop?

Yes, they do it on purpose! My most determined-to-mark-me kids have usually been those who most seek my attention most and become my heart-ratties. Your husband could be happy to be much-loved or he could shell out for a neuter. I do totally love that my fixed kids don't make a toilet of me.

Your little guy is claiming your hubby as his or is being dominant over him. There really isn't much you can do to stop him. Sometimes a neuter will decrease the amount of urine or markings but not always. Tell hubby he needs to wear "rat clothes".
Does your little guy have a buddy? That's very important for him to learn social skills and play with another rat.

LOL All 5 of my young boys mark my man! He has learned to wait until almost time for a shower to actually let them crawl all over him. He opens their cage and gives them love throughout the day but he waits until shower time to let them "mark" him. :laugh4:

Rizzo is now 9-10 months old
Archie & Diego are 5 months old
Marley & Boo are are 4 months old

well my man will just have to suffer because i really dont wanna neuter him, i think his testis are hilarious and a part of him, hes my lil macho man lol :D !! He doesnt have a buddy right now but im gunna get him one soon :thumbup:

As he gets older (i know its only been like a week :roll: ) he seems to do it alot less.. as long as he doesnt pee on me its fine! :laugh4:

I get peed on daily, and I wear my 'rat clothes' which is pretty much everything I own now, :giggle: and I wash afterwards.
I look at them peeing on me as a little bit of love left behinde.
they mark to know where you are, and how to get back, that;s what I tell myself...

I have to warn visitors that Puzzle has a thing for walking across unsuspecting hands and leaving a lovely little trail behind. :giggle:

Good to know it's normal! Iliaster will usually be sitting on my shoulder all chill for a while and then suddenly I feel that warm wet stream trickling down my shirt. Panache will usually find a way to run over my hands and leave pee trails. (And their balls are getting bigger every day... :thumbup: ) I know I can't get mad about it, I usually just take them out to play when I know I'm not going out again or unless there's time for a shower beforehand. Hooray for getting peed on every day! :lol2:

Back