Marie and Curie: my two new fosters, ADOPTED :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoria

I brought home my two newest fosters last night, Marie and Curie:

559665_10151461159716380_674925529_n.jpg

Marie is the lighter female, it's hard to see but she has very faint, very small beige markings around her ears and dark Ruby eyes. Curie has small black markings on her face and black eyes. I took some more pics tonight that I will add soon.

They're 3-4 months old (maybe younger) and arrived with a male :\

(Meet their former cage mate, the lovely Edison:
601497_498318583557858_698242795_n.jpg
)

We were working on the assumption they're pregnant so I brought them home so I could monitor them and split them if they had babies, help socialize the babies and make sure everything went alright. Very nice girls, not skittish, curious, like riding on shoulders and LOVE hoarding their Oxbow.

Tonight I took them out to weight them again and was disappointed to see they both gained approximately 10g each. I let them run around for a bit and then I realized... Marie's in heat!!! (There's no way a pregnant female can go into a false heat, right?) They've been split from Edison for 3 days now, so 20 more days to go for Curie - unless I catch her in heat sooner.

Wow I think we need more sex eduction in school For the 13 years day in and day out they should teach that male and females will make babies. Maybe an hour class a day 6 days a week might help people understand. I hope they are not pregnant for everyones sake. After having 3 litters here I hate to see more than one rat with a possible pregnancy watch but they are some lookers. my goodness I dont think they can get any cuter.

hopefloats said:
Wow I think we need more sex eduction in school For the 13 years day in and day out they should teach that male and females will make babies. Maybe an hour class a day 6 days a week might help people understand. I hope they are not pregnant for everyones sake. After having 3 litters here I hate to see more than one rat with a possible pregnancy watch but they are some lookers. my goodness I dont think they can get any cuter.

This is a good point - I'm actually shocked at how many people don't realize that if you put unaltered males and females together, they will likely have babies. No special anything required. I've seen and heard so many people say they didn't think they would just mate, be it rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, whatever.

They're very cute (and very high white - another reason I hope Curie's not preggers) - do you want to see if we can get a train going to Indiana :cheeky:

Ummm no LOL I can cherish her from a far LOL i have enough girls and more coming in that going out right now.

I think one full hour should be on what balls look like. since they always miss these torpedos that males have. LOL

Awww... they all are gorgeous!

Good thing I didn't say "maybe", I would have been stuck! :giggle:

Really relieved Marie is OK! Now that only leaves one... hopefully, Edison is a lazy or very clumsy boy and she is fine too. You don't need a litter on top of everything you're dealing with now... Hopefully, they both gained the same amount of weight because they both love Oxbow and pigged out! ((fingers crossed))

More piccies!!! :nod:

They are beautiful! Fingers crossed for no babies!

Edison is one good looking rattie man!!
I think I'm having an agouti phase.. always wanted one but now I die inside every time I see agouti rats on here!

I still haven't uploaded pics from my camera... sorry guys! I did however catch Curie in heat tonight, so no babies!!!!

These two are incredibly active, always want to be out with us, not at all nervous being handled but don't really slow down to say hi very often. I suspect they'll be bossy little girls, they constantly rub their sides when they're out and their haunches get greasy (something I'm seeing more often in females) but they are not aggressive with each other or humans in the least.

:joy:

That IS good news!!! And as a bonus, I don't feel guilty at all anymore! :wink2:

Serioulsy, I'm relieved for you! And for the girls... they will be able to enjoy the good life now! :nod:

Now... PICTURES -- PICTURES -- PICTURES!!!!

These girls were adopted by Jorats and will be going home with her Easter weekend :) Pictures are not great because these two will not stay still:

file_zps6b88a70d.jpg

file_zps94463768.jpg

file_zps66000c2e.jpg

file_zpsd58e8b11.jpg

file_zpsf5365fae.jpg

file_zpsaa80ed57.jpg

file_zpsba563b48.jpg

Yesterday, the girls were spayed. Here they are when we first got home:

file_zps3bb347d7.jpg

file_zps55a590eb.jpg

and a little later, eating some baby cereal and pureed carrots:

file_zpsdfe52e93.jpg

file_zpsd097baee.jpg

:joy: Congrats on the adoption, foster and adopter! This is great news!

And I'm sorry, but I still can't get over how much shaving Dr Brieger requires for an implant!!! :shock: Victoria was shaved the size of a dime!

Of course, I am referring to my rat Victoria, not Victoria the foster mom!!! LOL

Back