Marble and Autumn

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdysseyDesign

Marble and Autumn came to me April 25th 2006 when they were already two years old. Their owner knew they were getting older and did not want to subject her children to their death so she offered them up for feeders. Her logic was, since they are already old and going to die soon anyway, might as well feed a snake....the whole cycle of life thing....UGH! Anyway, they both lived in a 10 gal fish tank with a bowl, a water bottle, and cedar shavings.....nothing else.

Poor girls!

They lived with me for almost another year. They were cage aggressive at first but after a while, they figured out hands means food and scratches. They loved each other so much. They took care of each other and I always knew if one went, the other would soon follow.

I lost Autumn March 1st 2007 of old age. She steadily grew old and passed in her sleep as I held her.

Marble joined Autumn April 14th 2007 due to Pyometra. She was always a fluffy squishy grandma type ratty so by the time any signs were noticed, it was to late.

As sad as I am to loose these two girls, I am happy they now will always be together.

ec30886e.jpg

What a lovely story and such a good testament to the oldie rescues. Even the frightened, aggressive ones end up being very grateful before they leave us.

I am glad they are together again. *melts*

It's so good of you to have taken them in and given them a whole extra year to their life.
It is comforting in a way to know the girls have reunited.

These stories always make me cry, but they are always the best. So glad you took them in and made their life wonderful.

It's so nice that they were able to end their lives with you... and you got a whole year with them! Lucky you.

Back