Males vs Female

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PastelRat

So I've been thinking a lot about what gender I'd like my rats to be, but am having a hard time picking. I want a large, cuddly rat, but at the same time I don't want to be peed on. I'd love to hear the experiences you guys have had with male and female rats, and if the males marked on you how bad it is.

in my experience the males only scent mark a little bit of what seems to be very dilute urine, it does not smell as strong nor is it as sticky as reg urine

I've actually had girls who peed on me more lol

I've had mostly neutered males but the two intact ones I had didn't seem to mark any more than the others

they did, however, get icky buck grease when they were older and were more prone to penis plugs

if you get the boys neutered, which is a good thing to do anyway, you would probably want to go with boys

you can have big and cuddly girls but not usually til they are older and even then, they are gonna want to run a lot first

I've only had very old girls sit still for long cuddles, but I imagine every girl is different
on the whole though, girls are just a lot more active

I've had quite a few rats and as it turns out, males and females are all unique. There's not one thing that pertains to girls or boys. My personal preference are boys.

Back